Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart on the piss in Brighton last night

Footballers' pay at the Albion is none of our business. But I'll make my usual observation on the topic.

At the age of 32, there's a great deal of difference between earning £40,000 a year in a career with good prospects, and earning £40,000 a year with the prospect of no job in a couple or three years time. Especially if you have a mortgage to pay off.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
What do you reckon he's on then, Mr Burns?

That's not important, but the figures quoted on here are on the high side.

He'd get more pay per hour if he went and played for Whitehawk, but he's a professional footballer and wants to play at the highest level for as long as possible, so fair play to him.

But he's not on thousands a week, and therefore what he does in his spare time is down to Gary Hart.

Forgetting about what he earns, not one at Brighton is one super money. If theyt were I would say, like I did earlier, the club could tell them when to eat,drink and shit, but they are not.

If he was out of the piss thursday or Friday, yer it would be a problem not matter what they earn, but for them to go out on a Saturday night after a game, when you next play in 7 dayst time, is never going to be an issue.

So I hope Harty and the other player were out Saturday, and I hope they got rat arsed, and good luck to em

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
Hey - that's nothing

My mate was in Brighton on Friday night and saw Michael Duberry and 2 or 3 other Wycombe players in full Wycombe tracksuits drinking pints outside the Font & Firkin in The Lanes at about 9.30pm.

Boozing the night before the match??? Now that's old-school:lol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I met Gary Hart three times. Do I win a medal?

Once I was drawing out some cash at HSBC in Dyke Road (back in the old Div 3 Adams days) and he walked past, I said "hey Gary" and he went "bloody hell you scared the life out of me", I said "score a goal today mate", he said "I will". He actually scored two - against Macclesfield or Darlington it was think.

Second time was at his testimonial quiz nite.

Third time was in Oceana about 12 mts ago (on a Saturday) - got a photo to prove it.

Just thought I would share it with you. Oh and he is a top bloke as well.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If old cod-eyes fancies a few bevvies after a win, with the next match a week away, then I fail to see a problem.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Hey - that's nothing

My mate was in Brighton on Friday night and saw Michael Duberry and 2 or 3 other Wycombe players in full Wycombe tracksuits drinking pints outside the Font & Firkin in The Lanes at about 9.30pm.

Boozing the night before the match??? Now that's old-school:lol:
Never did Frank Worthington any harm

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I met Gary Hart three times. Do I win a medal?

I see him a few mornings on my way to work, he's usually LURKING around Peacehaven infants school gates, do I win a medal?...

And before anyone makes a big deal of that too, he is only dropping his child off at school, there's nothing dodgy about him and hanging around the school gates!

:lolol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Though 2 much white lightning may do this to you

thank-you-max-14909-1233176585-8.jpg

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
seriously ??

yeah. 100%. they've got some balls - however, having watched them on Saturday, they're mainly long and misplaced:laugh:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I was in The Cricketers on a Saturday night about 25 years ago, and Danny Wilson and Mick Ferguson were having a few jars, and I told my female friend who they were and that DW was the captain of the Albion, so she goes over and asks him how much he was on a week and he brushed her off with a, 'You're ignorant...', which wasn't far from the truth re: her, but kindly gave her an autograph for me on the back of a Silk Cut fag packet, which I have somewhere...???

sloth

Sep 4, 2009
well i know him very well and he loves the songs being sang to him but these people singing them where acting like right pricks...too right he got the hump.......he was not too happy any way as he missed hes chance on saturday.hes like that ,he loves his job and he felt as if he nearly let a lot of people down by missing....not a good idea to get on the wrong side off him when hes not right in the head,,,,,hes a good lad trust me............and also no one knows what he earns per week and he would not tell anyone either so stop talking bollocks some off u.......:albion2:

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
brighton players have sunday and wednesdays off, i like a drink when i have a day off the next day, why shouldn't they, besides Harty could turn up pissed off his face on a match day and he would still be my favourite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here