Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart - Legend

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
garry nelsons left foot said:
And, it would appear, the boy wonder Jakey himself.

It'd be nice to keep OGH at the club but it's not looking too good for him. Still, if he becomes a first class right back there may be a future for him yet.:)

GNLF has summed it all up nicely. OGH is unlikely to get a game in his preferred position as there are better players ahead of him. If he can adapt to right back, thats good, as we are pretty short on cover, but he still will only be cover.

As for further forward, I agree with those who say they would be sad to see him go, as he has been a great servant, but how would you feel if he was back in the side, and a disillusioned Jake Robinson left to get a game elsewhere?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I think Hart could turn out to be a pretty decent right back. He still has a bit of pace, is strong on the ball and can tackle. Could be a pretty useful asset to the team if he can fill in at right back from time to time or even full time!

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
KinkyGoebels said:
Rotherham and Gillingham both had those sort of players and they went down - you have a team of Oatways and Harts you will go down

A team of Oatways got us this far.....twice. And Wimbledon did alright on it.

And to a degree Sunderland a similar.big and organised.

It's not what i would want but i am not knocking it if it keeps us alive.

Now f*** off.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think the point is that you need a balance and I agree with KG that if you had a team full of Oatways and Harts you would struggle....

However you do need at least one or two players of this type when the chips are down.

To be fair when we stormed the back to back championships Jones, Zamora, Watto, Chippy etc were very good players in these divisions. Backed up with the Cullips, Harts and Oatways. It was all about balance.

GH is a very useful squad player and if we needed to match a team physically like a wimbledon or sunderland then he would be first name on the team sheet, but if is was from a 'football' point of view then on the bench or maybe not in the team at all.

If he converts to right back then even better.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's a bit harsh to say that there are better players ahead of Hart (who is proven) and include Carole (who is not).

We have a small squad, therefore Hart will get gametime. Secondly, small squads require players to be versatile so, again, Hart is very handy.

I still think he has a lot to offer. He is a true Albion legend.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Careful 3gulls. Last season i called Kinkyfuckwit a yid after he used the phrase himself on this site and got a polite pm from the moderators stating that he wasn't happy with me using this term.

Personally i think the hypocrit should f*** off onto a spurs site if he doesnt like someone using his own language, the f***ing muppet.

Have a nice day.:D

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Saint Lennard said:
Careful 3gulls. Last season i called Kinkyfuckwit a yid after he used the phrase himself on this site and got a polite pm from the moderators stating that he wasn't happy with me using this term.

Personally i think the hypocrit should f*** off onto a spurs site if he doesnt like someone using his own language, the f***ing muppet.

Have a nice day.:D

To save the Mods the trouble i have censored the post myself! :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Saint Lennard said:
A team of Oatways got us this far.....twice. And Wimbledon did alright on it.

And to a degree Sunderland a similar.big and organised.

It's not what i would want but i am not knocking it if it keeps us alive.

Now f*** off.

Yes and it worked for Gillingham and Rotherham for a couple of seasons- o look they went down last year!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Pavilionaire said:
It's a bit harsh to say that there are better players ahead of Hart (who is proven) and include Carole (who is not).

We have a small squad, therefore Hart will get gametime. Secondly, small squads require players to be versatile so, again, Hart is very handy.

I agree with that totally. Also, reading todays report it would seem probable that Harty will be given a go at right back, which i reckon would suit him well. As his careers gone on i've seen him as more of a defensive player anyway, winning the tackles before helping drive the team on. And regards Carole, only time will tell. McGhee might choose to use him on the left of midfield and stick Hammond in the middle (i haven't seen him play yet, so i don't know if he has a left foot)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pavilionaire said:

Bu int everyone calling for an unproven 18 year old to start tomorrow?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
KinkyGoebels said:
Erm the penny dropped that i am a spurs fan?

So how many Albion games/ Spurs games do you go to each season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here