Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart for Player of the Season

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Can only really be McShane for me. Not faultless by any means, but a consistently quality performer throughout the season. Him, Harty and maybe someone like Oatway, even if he did only have half a year. No-one else has really stood out enough for me to merit it. El Abd perhaps, but he's still got a long way to go.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
Mcshane has shown astounding Albion fighting spirit, week in, week out, and if the club could somehow break the bank and keep him at the end of the season, it would be one of the best investments they could ever make. Only one possible winner of the Player Of The Season this time around IMHO

Unfortunately money just isn't enough for him. He's still got another year at Man Utd.
I can't see him breaking into their first team but other Championship/even lower Prem teams will be making offers for him way above what we have.
My Player of the season without a doubt.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
As much as I'd rather not vote a ManUre player to be our player of the season McShane has been class.
Gary Hart has been Gary Hart, he has done everything that is asked of him without moaning and with the 100% graft that is his trademark.
El-Abd has had an ok season but has made plenty of mistake and got absolutely raped by Ainsworth at QPR. Nowhere near player of the season for me.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wait until after the Sheffield Wednesday game!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well, I agree with Goldstone. OGH is my player of the season.

I might be wrong, but I don't think we've ever voted for a non-Albion player before...it doesn't seem right to me.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Even though he's been our best player and put in as much effort as OGH?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Even though he's been our player for the whole season and as our best player for that time period you still wouldn't pick him as our player of the season.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Les Biehn said:
Even though he's been our best player and put in as much effort as OGH?

Well yeah.....I just think the award should go to a Brighton player not for someone who's just filled in for us for a season (no matter how well he's played).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Paul McShane, no question. He's been consistently good all season, and it shouldn't matter that he's only a loan player.

Gwylan said:
I don't think we've ever voted for a non-Albion player before...it doesn't seem right to me.
Same here, I won't be voting for a player who belongs to another club, my 123 is Carole, then Butters, then Hendo.

That said, I won't exactly be crying if McShane becomes the first Irish-born/bred guy (as opposed to 2Gs like Lawrenson and Robinson) to become our player of the season :drink:

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Gwylan said:
Well, I agree with Goldstone. OGH is my player of the season.

I might be wrong, but I don't think we've ever voted for a non-Albion player before...it doesn't seem right to me.

Did John Byrne not win the vote in 1992, but as we had flogged him to Sunderland and so he had not played for us since November, it was ignored and Mark Gall won the thing instead?

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
It has got to be McShane, partly due to the fact that allthough he is not owned by the albion he still goes out there week in, week out showing pure 100% unadulterated commitment for the cause.

We expect that sort of commitment from OGH, not from a loan player who is expected to do his job then Bugger off.

In closing my choice:

McShane
Gary Hart
El-Abd / Henderson

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Uncle Buck said:
Did John Byrne not win the vote in 1992, but as we had flogged him to Sunderland and so he had not played for us since November, it was ignored and Mark Gall won the thing instead?
The award to someone who wasn't voted Player of the Season wasn't so much ignored as deliberately altered and chosen by the club - specifically Barry Lloyd. He said he didn't want John Byrne to have it as he didn't play for the club anymore.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
McShane
El-Abd
Frutos
CKR
Butters
Henderson
Hart

In that order for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports