Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Doherty

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Released by Norwich.

Could he be the Butters type player we have been crying out for?!?!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I didn't realise we were crying out for one. I was under the impression people thought Elphick and El Abd finished the season well.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
we don't need him, El-abad and Elphick are doing well.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No thanks

As for El-Abd and Elphick i don't feel comfortable with them leading the charge next season.We need a decent center back.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Thought he was an absolute donkey before Lambert came in last season. However, seems he improved a lot in the second half of the season. I do think we need a bit of experience in the middle, pops up with the odd goal as well. Could do a lot worse, I think.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I didn't realise we were crying out for one. I was under the impression people thought Elphick and El Abd finished the season well.
They did - but the team finished 13th.

We should be, and are, looking for players that will improve the squad and push for promotion. By your statement, you seem to infer that we shouldn't look to improve the squad?!?!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009

We should be, and are, looking for players that will improve the squad and push for promotion. By your statement, you seem to infer that we shouldn't look to improve the squad?!?!

Exactly.

We've just "got rid" of one of our CB's (Virgo). So we will be looking for one. And seeing as he just got promoted, and will be free, it's a good shout.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Always keen to see improvements, I just don't necessarily think Doherty is it.
People seem to use "Butters type" as a euphemism for "getting on a bit".

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
No thanks, we have better already.

Elphick and El-Abd, that'll do me.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Norwich fans rate him, and voted him 3rd in player of the season, in a side that was by far and away the best in our division, while chipping in with a few goals as well.
If elphick and el-abd are better, why arent they playing championship football, because Doherty was effectively playing in a championship side.
Well worth a look, and said it yesterday, but Grant Mccann, yet to have his contract at Scunny sorted, is EXACTLY what we need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here