Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Dicker

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Dicker seems to out-think and out-wit players rather than beat them for pace or skill. He uses his body and momentum to feign a run or a pass and always comes out of a tricky situation. Many times today he had 2 or 3 players around him, but manages to hold onto the ball, turn into space, and lay on a perfect pass to escape trouble. Fantastic player.

Lot of opposition fans are saying the same thing, well, okay the three Rovers fans and Southampton fans I know in these parts.

That's because I too think he is a class, class act and exactly the sort of player Poyet covets in this cultural revolution we are all proud to be witnessing...if that is we are not fighting each other!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Benno and him are revelations. Bennett is fantastic but Dicker is our ENGINE. He makes things so easy. Him and Navarro would have gotten us champions no problem because i am willing to say they are the best centre midfield parings we have. Add in Sparrow who is a tank, and Kish whos like the old guard, and able to run for a full 90 or come on and mop things up for the last 30 and right there we have a championships midtable standard midfeild, and thats not even mentioning Lua Lua.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dicker can spot a pass like no other player on the team, and he's incredibly strong on the ball too. The reason he's not playing at a higher level is because he's shown a tendency to give it away too easily at times, but then again if he was that perfect he wouldn't be playing for the Albion.

I think he's brilliant.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Him and Sparrow ran the midfield today, was the best I had seen Sparrow play all season. lovely intricate passing from the pair of them.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I've seen Ireland play numerous times and they don't have a midfielder as good as Dicker. Absoultely superb :bowdown: All the midfield were fantastic, totally bossed the game.

I'm positive he'll get a call up sooner or later, problem I see is that Trap plays 2 defensive midfielders in the middle and letting the wingers/strikers try to win us the game!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dicker has been rather underrated but at last he is getting the recognition he thoroughly deserves.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Did anyone notice how he took out 2 Bmuff players out last week. It was near the centre, he rolled the ball under his foot, turned, and the Bmuff players ran into each other.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
:bowdown:

My signature sums it up.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Did anyone notice how he took out 2 Bmuff players out last week. It was near the centre, he rolled the ball under his foot, turned, and the Bmuff players ran into each other.
I don't think he's played a game for us yet where he hasn't on at least one occasion made a complete mockery of two opposing players at the same time. :laugh:

Oh Gary. :bowdown:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Top class? Really though?

In the league,definitely. Like said above, if any of our players were 'perfect', they'd not be playing in League One.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Absolutely superb performance from GD yesterday. Finally we have a midfield which consists of players with different qualities that really complement one another. A great display by each & every one. :clap:

ds4000

Sep 4, 2010
Kish holding, Dicker spraying and completely goosing the opposing midfield, and spaz getting forward was a perfect combo.
:thumbsup:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'm always amazed he's so young too. Plays with such a level head and pulls all the strings. A bit like a lower league Xabi Alonso to go with the lower league Berbatov?

Ireland squad calls in the future if we reach the Champ and he continues to improve. Not sure he's there yet though when you consider International opposition not League 1'ers but doesn't mean he can't get there one day :thumbsup:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
:bounce: Lest we forget.
Yes I know it was in league 1. but we tore it up so you could argue that we were already a championship team.

Today, how about actually noticing all the good work he does, instead of focusing on the very few things that don't come off. While conveniently ignoring everyone else losing the ball just as much.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I remember him having a good game against Blackpool at the start of last season but other than that, he has struggled to impose himself at this level.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
:bounce: Lest we forget.
Yes I know it was in league 1. but we tore it up so you could argue that we were already a championship team.

Today, how about actually noticing all the good work he does, instead of focusing on the very few things that don't come off. While conveniently ignoring everyone else losing the ball just as much.

League 1 was totally different to Championship. It's inconceivable that we can progress with the same set of players, some will make it at this level some won't. If we got into Prem maybe 1 or 2 would be good enough but that's it. As for Dicker I sincerely believe he's reached his max level and will have to be replaced with better if we are ambitious

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here