Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary dicker

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was at a loss to explain it at the start of the season but guessed that Dicker had come back and somehow lost something, but today the difference he made when he came on was clear. He must be a cert start at Millwall surely.

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
In the interview Slade said Dicker has stepped up a gear since pre season, I'm guessing he hasn't shown enough and others have. Thought Navarro was good today and Crofts okay, they need to work better as unit but that will come.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
442 mag has Dicker as our player to make the difference this season (sorry if fixtures :) )

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
In the interview Slade said Dicker has stepped up a gear since pre season, I'm guessing he hasn't shown enough and others have. Thought Navarro was good today and Crofts okay, they need to work better as unit but that will come.

Is Slade f***ing blind....???????????????

Dicker was our best midfielder at the end of last season.

His continued absence, because of Slade, has been embarrassing.

Surely EVERYBODY (except Slade) could see that neither Croft nor Navarro are defensive midfielders.

Slade persisted throughtout all the friendlies with Croft and Navarro......yet they failed in those games. Still, unbelievably ,Slade ignored Dicker.

Is Slade a stubborn bugger who refuses to admit it, when he is so blatantly wrong...?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I think we should expect to see him in the line-up against Millwall come friday...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looked a class act today for the small part of the game we saw him.

Either he's injured and is being brought in gradually or the manager is a fuckwit.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Dicker and Crofts for me, Thornhill hasn't done enough to justify a starting place yet. Navarro would be my fourth choice.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Dicker is far superior to Navarro. Navarro is overweight and slow.

Dicker contributed far more in his short spell than Navarro did in the whole game.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Have to agree here.....though i support Slade, think he is making a big mistake leaving out Dicker...

Would bin Navarro/Crofts for Dicker/Thornhill

I don't think Thornhill has not done anything to suggest he should be playing for the first team yet. Crofts is improving by the game and I thought played well today. Navarro was less effective but not bad but I think they just can't play together as too similar. Would go with Dicker and Crofts on Friday.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
At last Dicker got on, and what an improvement he made to the midfield, until then everything was going straight through our midfield which at times looked nonexistent, and as for Croft - he should have got a tackle in which would have broken down the play for their second goal, first time I have seen him and not impressed.

Gary it's so good to have you back on the field

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
At last Dicker got on, and what an improvement he made to the midfield, until then everything was going straight through our midfield which at times looked nonexistent, and as for Croft - he should have got a tackle in which would have broken down the play for their second goal, first time I have seen him and not impressed.

Gary it's so good to have you back on the field

Crofts played well today and for the second goal he was always slightly behind the player so someone else should have come out of defence to tackle. I think Crofts seems to be improving by the game and will be an important player for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here