Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Dicker - Most Underrated Albion Player ?

Mr Fagan

Aug 1, 2012
Personally i think he is Unreal and always gets slated on here, Most of the time for trying things that none of our players try, yes he may not be the quickest but probably has one of the best footballing brains at the club and that shows when he is on form, I think he has been top class in the last couple of games and more to come in sure, Love you Gary , ta x

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Barnes is most under rated player for brighton!
Ipswich fans I was talking to rate him very highly and they werent just going on tonight's game.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Barnes is most under rated player for brighton!
Ipswich fans I was talking to rate him very highly and they werent just going on tonight's game.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
No he's not. He's either brilliant like tonight, or a liabilty. Never just average. Unfortunately he's not brilliant very often.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Personally i think he is Unreal and always gets slated on here, Most of the time for trying things that none of our players try, yes he may not be the quickest but probably has one of the best footballing brains at the club and that shows when he is on form, I think he has been top class in the last couple of games and more to come in sure, Love you Gary , ta x

Have to agree, sees things faster then most and keeps it simple and effective.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I think he is very underrated, although probably not as much as Barnes. Changed the game in our favour when he came on, was excellent against Brum and Millwall too. He's just a very easy target for moaners who cannot see that the reason a pass might be intercepted is because it is forward, incisive and positive. He is one of the few central players we have who does that, rather than just sideways, but because he doesn't have a 100% pass completion rate, and he isn't very quick, he's easier to have a dig at than the metronomic Bridcutt or the pace and trickery of LuaLua (who were both poor tonight but never mind).

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Dicker was one of the stars under Slade. At League One level, he could play sublime balls, but then lose possession without any pressure. At this level, I think he's fine for a mid-table to lower half side. However, we have ambitions to be much, much more.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
He played well tonight and against Birmingham , but he dwells on the ball and gets caught too often for my liking.

Lets hope he continues were he left off tonight.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think he's playing a blinder at present. Gus must have worked hard on the immediacy of his play and the speed of his reactions must have improved enormously thanks to experience. At Millwall he had an amazing skill moment and tonight played a beautiful through-the-legs pass that no one else would have tried, so his confidence is up and long may that be so.
Some idiots scream for him to charge down opponents like Bridcutt does, but that will almost never be the case. He is aware of his own limitations, so takes a position to block rather than tackle. If anyone goes around him he knows full well he won't catch them, so it's not a risk worth taking.
I'm very glad he's currently proving himself fit to play at this level and i hope his run of decency at worst continues.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
He moves the ball around, which is his biggest plus point. It's also what Hammond is shocking at, as he just hasn't got the speed in either his feet or brain to keep the play flowing. Dicker at least can move the ball from side to side and sometimes forward too. But ultimately his lack of pace will always hold him back big time.

This is far too sensible a point.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He moves the ball around, which is his biggest plus point. It's also what Hammond is shocking at, as he just hasn't got the speed in either his feet or brain to keep the play flowing. Dicker at least can move the ball from side to side and sometimes forward too. But ultimately his lack of pace will always hold him back big time.

Just like it did with a consistent ball-mover and intelligent such as Paul Scholes. If only he had a bit of pace to him he would have been world class.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Dicker has had a few good games in the last year. He has looked good lately but these good spells are usually followed by months of mediocre performances. Maybe he will shine with the better players around him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here