Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Borrowdale

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I wouldn't be too disappointed if we ended up giving him a short contract (or 3-month loan as others have said). His ball-playing abilities haven't impressed me massively, tbh, & he'll prob's be well be out of our price-range. Maybe we could borrow Gary Dale instead?

:tumble:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I wouldn't be too disappointed if we ended up giving him a short contract (or 3-month loan as others have said). His ball-playing abilities haven't impressed me massively, tbh, & he'll prob's be well be out of our price-range. Maybe we could borrow Gary Dale instead?

:tumble:

:lolol::lolol:

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
I think there may have been some smoke-and-mirrors involved in Borrowdale's move to QPR. The £500k-£700k figure may be imaginary. Something quite a lot lower could get him - if he's interested in staying.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Borrowdale was class for us every single game, but he would be a luxury if we signed him, it would be a waste of money imo, we have Mr McNulty. But a squad with one left back? Dangerous, as other people have said, if we can get Borrowdale back in on loan for the first few months, we'll be fine. I wouldn't be opposed to signing Richards though, so we had more options there, Jimmy Mac played centre back for Stockport aswell.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Jimmy McNulty is the main character in the hit US crime series The Wire.

Carry on men

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Far better than Richards. I don't think we'd be able to sign him but a 3 month loan deal would be perfect. Would mean we don't have to rush McNulty back into first team action too soon.

If possible, a 6 week loan deal would be sufficient.

Greeko

May 17, 2007
Eastbourne
Talking to a Stockport fan Saturday and he reckoned that McNulty is even better in central defence so it would definite increase the options to have another left back

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
He's definitely better than Richards, but does anyone find it strange how he seems to have the completely same technique as Richards when on the ball? Both of them have that annoyingly perfectly straight posture and make the same camp swooshing arm movement when they pass.

Last edited:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Borrowdale is twice the player Richards ever was when he was with us. I would love to see him back at the club but with a fit McNulty it would be a bit of a waste of money and talent leaving one on the bench. It would mean an abundance of riches at left back but I'm not sure whether we could warrant it financially.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
I would welcome him with open arms and let him take free kicks as well :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here