Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Borrowdale

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
He seems to be something of an unsung hero. During his loan spell, he played for us with distinction and deserves credit. Following McNulty's injury, the left-back position became a problem for us (witness the shambles at Walsall), but Borrowdale came in and was immense. Obviously, I hope that McNulty returns at left-back next season, but I hope that we offer Borrowdale a contract and he accepts.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I was thinking the same thing...with QPR being a bit of a joke he may very well be available at a reasonable price.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
He has been excellant for us. However I believe he's been shifted around for a lot of money (QPR paid 500-700,000?) + I don't think he'd want to be second to Jim Mcnulty

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Matt Richards is back in favour at Ipswich. He’s started both games under Tractor Roy.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Richards was an unused sub on Sunday but played the whole of the previous game.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Borrowdale has been rock-solid for us... much, much better defender than the inconsistent Richards... it would be great if we could sign him, but not sure if he would want to come here on a perm deal, or QPR would let him go...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Has looked excellent when I've seen him. Far more composed than Richards, tidy on the ball and can deliver a good cross.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Depending on how long it's gonna take Jimmy to get fit, it would certainly be worth keeping in contact with QPR and Borrowdale and try and sort a loan for the beginning of next season if needed.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
He has been excellant for us. However I believe he's been shifted around for a lot of money (QPR paid 500-700,000?) + I don't think he'd want to be second to Jim Mcnulty

doesn't need to be second fiddle to Jim Mcnulty. It would be good to have competition for a trouble place for us in recent seasons, and although i rate Mcnulty highly and believe he is better, he may not recover full fitness/ability for quite a while next season. if Borrowdale wasnt to expensive (depends on if QPR are willing to simply offload him to get in better players) i would get him in. would ensure competition for places, and i'm sure one or both of them are decent covers down the left wing should cox/some one else get injured.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Definitely. A 3 month loan at the start of next season would be fantastic, as we'd then be guaranteed a quality left-back for the entire season. And it's at least 12 years since I've been able to say that!

Agreed. I was very impressed by his composure on Saturday. Looked a very comfortable footballer. Short-term loan to cover McNulty's absence would be perfect.

Would guess, however, that other clubs will be in for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here