Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gaming Console Advice

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
PS3 is the better all round entertainment system. Xbox 360 is more for your hard core gamer.

horshamseagull11

seagullshorsham
Dec 11, 2010
Eastbourne
Gota b a ps3 surely? its Sony quality for a start. It plays blue rays, its got better graphics the PlayStation online gaming is free ware you have to pay for xbox online gameing. games are all blue ray disks which is far more advanced than the now dated dvd rom used by the xbox. simple.

Dont forget this XMAS that the XBOX will get BBC iPlayer, ITV On Demand, 4OD, 5 On demand, Love Film in addition to Sky which is already there.

If you want Media then XBOX is the only choice, if you want games then XBOX edges it. If you want to play games online then XBOX blows the PS3 out the water.
If you want a BluRay player go PS3.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Dont forget this XMAS that the XBOX will get BBC iPlayer, ITV On Demand, 4OD, 5 On demand, Love Film in addition to Sky which is already there.

If you want Media then XBOX is the only choice, if you want games then XBOX edges it. If you want to play games online then XBOX blows the PS3 out the water.
I've never really understood what advantages the paid for Xbox live has over the free PSN? especially if you're only an occasional online player I think you've got it wrong on Media. PS3 has had all of those ondemand services for the last year and has a bluray player.

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham

This. Sky player is also great for the Xbox, hundreds of films to stream instantly if u have sky movies, as well as being able to watch live football in decent quality :)

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
At the end of the day you buy a games console to play games and if you want the best it is XBOX 360. The only reason the PS3 would be an option would be for the blu ray player.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Gota b a ps3 surely? its Sony quality for a start. It plays blue rays, its got better graphics the PlayStation online gaming is free ware you have to pay for xbox online gameing. games are all blue ray disks which is far more advanced than the now dated dvd rom used by the xbox. simple.

The social aspect of xbox live is far better than psn. Graphically there's hardly anything in it at all so that does not count as a plus howether the blu ray player does.
I'd say if you're going to play online all the time (with friends) get an xbox,
If you want an all rounder & are not too fussed about playing with your mates comparing achievements & chatting with a group of friends while each are playing different games then get a ps3

In short the xbox has better online multiplayer & the ps3 has a blu ray player (simple). I've owned both & both are great but in different ways

djlazyness

Oct 21, 2011
Peacehaven
ok i would say that you buy a ps3 becuase it is the same price really and the psn network ie the thing that lets you play all online gaming update your system do all the fun stuff is free and on xbox it isn;t and you have to pay every year for it

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Also any update or patches can take 30 mins to an hour on ps3 where as the xbox will update in a matter of seconds (no exaggeration) I also feel the xbox has better exclusive titles & the marketplace is also better the the psn store

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
ok i would say that you buy a ps3 becuase it is the same price really and the psn network ie the thing that lets you play all online gaming update your system do all the fun stuff is free and on xbox it isn;t and you have to pay every year for it

Or £6.00 a month but to be honest the online is better

I've never really understood what advantages the paid for Xbox live has over the free PSN? especially if you're only an occasional online player I think you've got it wrong on Media. PS3 has had all of those ondemand services for the last year and has a bluray player.

Are you joshing me?? the PS3 implementation of iPlayer, 4OD etc... is a joke. its a crappy browser implementation. Nothing like the experience of on-demand with Xbox. Seriously try the current Sky Player on XBOX and tell me the PS3 implementation is better.

Chuck into the mix the next gen of media services for XBox releasing v.soon (before xmas) including voice and search integration with xbox its like comparing Craig Mackail-Smith with Chris Holroyd.

These media services all come with free XBOX Live subscriptions, the paid for offering is for games online.
BTW What has Xbox live got over PSN. Erm Xbox dont leak all your personal and financial details to all and sundry, and have great service availability.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Xmas pressie time ... should it be PS3 or XBox? Any difference in prices of games or all the other stuff that needs to be added on? Is it just about brand loyalty or is there a clear winner?

Loads more people play on X Box

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
used to have ps3 sold it for xbox

better online connections
better quality audio over mics
PARTY CHATS
cheaper console
halo
more people on xbox

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here