Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Games you used to play when you was younger

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Well thanks to bennibenj's Thread It got me thinking about games we used to play In our youth. One of the games we did used to play was 2 team torture. What abut you guys?.

Would be Interested really. Oh another note games we used to play probably don't exist now due to cotton wool nanny state.

So what games did you used to play?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
British Bulldog (or whatever we renamed it to after it got banned in the playground)

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Think I remember that. Wasn't It renamed Red Rover or something?

Red Rover was very different! British Bulldog was lining up on one side of the playground, with a couple of people in the middle who had to tag people. Those who got tagged became taggers until only one was left. Red Rover involved holding hands in a line, and one team had to chant "Red Rover, Red Rover, We want [insert name here] over". They then had to run from their own team, and if they broke through the other team, they remained in their own team. If the receiving team held firm, then the runner joined this team. The force at which the runner ran depended on whether or not they wanted to switch teams or not.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
We used to play 'Dubblers' in West Hove Junior school. Dubblers were a game devised using cards designed to collect. Back then, 45yrs ago, they were cigarette cards from your parents or from Tea companies etc. Whole sets were up to collect and we turned the swapping of these cards into gambling!! We covered a select amount of cards with thin plain card and wrapped them into electrical adhesive tape to make a block. We'd agree how many cards were in the block and you would make a gamble with someone they couldn't win it. You would put the plastic wrapped 'dubbler' against the wall 'leaning' it and your opponent would have to use an equal size dubbler from an agreed distance, to knock yours down. Shooter would throw theirs skidding across the floor to hit the stand up 'dubbler'. If they knocked it down in the agreed amount of attempts they took the 'dubbler'. If not you won theirs. And variations along those lines.....ahhh the days

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
When i was a kid, we used to play Wall Ball and Curb Ball in the street, not a good idea for kids nowadays with the amount of traffic on the roads.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
captain wallar 1 2 3 coming ready or not,or whatever the f*** it was called

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
When i was a kid, we used to play Wall Ball and Curb Ball in the street, not a good idea for kids nowadays with the amount of traffic on the roads.

Remember both of those. Good times lol

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Wall ball, which involved taking it in turns to kick a tennis ball (we weren't allowed footballs in the playground) against a wall, if you missed you lost a life.

Wembley

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Wall ball, which involved taking it in turns to kick a tennis ball (we weren't allowed footballs in the playground) against a wall, if you missed you lost a life.

Wembley

Memories of Wembley. Alwasy the goal hoggers used to go through :lol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Kabaddi. Am I imagining it, or was it shown on Channel 4?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here