Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Games where we have pinched the points

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
November 2009 at SMS :laugh:

Obviously not.

No points at stake, but that second leg of the play offs against Swindon was a proper mugging, they were the better side in that game.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
First play off game v Swindon. They should have had 6!!! Chippy scored a goal which was deflected TWICE on it's way in. :lolol:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Remember a game against Cardiff at Withdean in the Division 2 Championship season. We scored a penalty early on and the rest of the game seemed to be taken up with them battering us - including some of the most ludicrous goal mouth scrambles I've ever seen!

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
a few seasons back when we played lecister 2-0 down at half time then went on to win 3-2

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
New years Day quite a few years back at Charlton, we scored in the first minute (?Gary O Reilly maybe?) and were battered for the rest of the game without conceding

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sheffield United away when Leon scored at the very end and we won 2-1, we were on the back foot all of the game.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
At Withdean. shout for the last minute goal against Stoke. Very wet night.

Pretty sure that was 18th sep 2001, the day my daughter was born. I made it straight from the hospital and the late winner put us top of the table.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I was at the Newcastle game. Although we were in a higher division, we were still underdogs and you can see there was some quality in that Newcastle team.

Those games where you win 'against the odds' with a true battling 'backs to the wall' performance rate high amounst my favs. We've done it twice at Palace, the mcShane game most of us remember but ther was an earlier game where Butlin scored after 4 mins and we hung on from there.

Butters at West ham has also been mentioned but I'll throw in just about the best ever as our 1-0 win at forest, league Champs, unbeaten at home in years, top (or 2nd) in the league and us bottom of the table having been thrashed 4-0 a few days earlier.

Yep mate, was going to say that game too, Was at Forest that day myself. The Newcastle game when i watch it now is notable for having all three strikers playing in an away game, Ward Robinson and Richie. I always liked Robinson, great player, well good anyway lol

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Coventry away 1980/81.

Three down at half time, looked clueless, Gordon Smith hat trick in the second half nabbed an undeserved one.

Leeds away about 1984/5. Back in the scary days, Somehow we had managed to scrounge two goals, but it is 2-2 in the 93rd minute. Graham Pearce, who never went over the half way line in his Albion career, then somehow finds himself beating the offside trap and cooly lobs their keeper from 20 yards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here