Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Games that Albion have been well and truly Robbed ............

bha189

Aug 31, 2010
First thread :amex:

Hello,

This is the chance to recall all the game that albion have been comprehensively Mugged.

Like does anybody remember the game against Sheffield Utd at withdean?
Where we were 2-0 nil up at halftime and the ref (from Sheffield) gave them four penalties!!!:tosser:

This also the premium opportunity to have a hate - filled rant at any wrong-doing mentioned, when you previously, at the time never got the opportunity to express yourselves :albion1:

Heres to the ranting/recalling :clap2:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What was that game in the Championship when one of players was pushed over in the penalty area and fell on the ball ?

.. the referee giving a penalty in the process.

bha189

Aug 31, 2010
Possibly, all I remember is that we were cruising quite comfortably at 2-0 and then four penalties were given and I can remember coming out feeling sick to my stomach haha

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Advice to new poster: take the trouble to read through again what you have typed, so that WE don't have to.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Possibly, all I remember is that we were cruising quite comfortably at 2-0 and then four penalties were given and I can remember coming out feeling sick to my stomach haha
you on about the prosser game v sheff utd when we were 2 up and they won 4-2 but only 2 were pens i think.
rochdale? easy 2 0 win which we managed to get a point out off

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
nigh on (in recent history) EVERY trip to Tranmere :(

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
At home to Walsall a few seasons ago, when they were down to 9 men and despite our putting 60 odd crosses in, we failed to score and they got a break away goal to win 1-0

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
'nil nil massacre' of Pompey at Fratton in 1991. We'll that was the Argus headline. We played well that day.

Would also say the Selhurst 5 pens game but the ref did get most of not all right. the sending off was soft though

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Walsall away at their old ground,evening game maybe 1989??.Absolutely outplayed them for 90mins and then conceded a penalty.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
'nil nil massacre' of Pompey at Fratton in 1991. We'll that was the Argus headline. We played well that day.

Would also say the Selhurst 5 pens game but the ref did get most of not all right. the sending off was soft though

Did we not lose that 1-0?.I remember an evening game at pompey when we outplayed them and lost 1-0.I think Beresford scored it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
0-0 at Highfield Road, can't believe we didn't win.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
The sheff Utd game was only 2 pens and local MP asked the FA To investiage Prosser as he thought he was cheat as he came from Sheffield ?, also did Prosser do some claim that he had he had racist abuse ?, did not even notice what colour he was ?, Also remember Harty on the phone in almost losing it on air that day.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
At home to Walsall a few seasons ago, when they were down to 9 men and despite our putting 60 odd crosses in, we failed to score and they got a break away goal to win 1-0

Wouldn't say we were robbed in that game,just really poor and lacking in any ideas to break down their defence. They scored just before half time if my memory serves me right.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Did we not lose that 1-0?.I remember an evening game at pompey when we outplayed them and lost 1-0.I think Beresford scored it.

The 90/91 season we did indeed lose 1-0 to a Beresford goal. 91/92 we were denied by an Alan Knight masterclass on a particularly warm day.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Could have sworn there was a recent game against Millwall were we dominated the first half with a hatful of chances but only went in 1-0 up. Half time they made three changes and and scored 3 quick goals. Thought the final score was something like 1-4 but can't find any record of it. Maybe it wasn't Millwall!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Portsmouth at The Goldstone mid/late eighties, atrocious refereeing saw us go in at half time three nil down, and the ref didn't come out for the second half!! Wonder why? :lolol:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(

The game at Selhurst finished 2-1

Palace scored in open play 1-0, then converted only one of four penalties, with BHA scoring with their one penalty. Still a record to this day :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here