Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
As soon as I saw GAME were not going to be offering certain games in January I decided to get rid of my points ASAP, surprised some people haven't really, unless they knew nothing about the stock troubles, the writing has been on the wall for months

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
The administrator was on R5 and he said gift cards are suspended but they hope they will be honoured by new a buyer. My guess is he's saying that to keep some favor so he can blame the new owners when they don't :tosser:

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
In reality with loyalty points and gift cards is once a shop goes in to admin they will always become worthless as you then become a creditor (unsecured I think) as according to the financial standing they can no longer afford to honer them. It has always been the way and you cannot just walk out of a shop and say you had a gift card as you would not be stealing from Game you would be stealing from the creditors (ie HMRC, Banks even yourself etc) as they no longer own the assets (The goods)

History shows you generally will receive some cash back for vouchers but that may not be the case and it may be a low amount - I had a £30 Ourprice voucher and seem to remember getting £25 from that, but with Zavvi I think the full amount was received as the funds were held in trust

Zavvi:
The Joint Administrators announced that the validity of the trust was confirmed at a hearing of the High Court of Justice on 30 July 2009 - vouchers purchased after 27 November 2008 will be entitled to receive a full refund of unredeemed voucher amounts. Claims were asked to be submitted by 30 September 2009, and no later than 2 years after the voucher's purchase. All valid trust fund claims submitted by 30 September 2009 will be paid in full by 30 November 2009. Valid trust fund claims received after 30 September 2009 will be dealt with periodically commencing in early 2010

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here