Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Game vs Palace - how do you deal with it, therapeutically?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Me too. I have never forgotten the kettling after the 5-0, which ended up being held static on Station Road for ages.
I see today they have advised of new 'walking routes' which look they are 'advised'. However, Met Police give no choice!
We got out just before. Couldn’t take it anymore and left in disgust. Smashed my Albion mobile against the wall outside was so angry. Had to ask work for a new one on Monday. Totally lied obviously as to why I needed another.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I am sadly working today, until 3pm, then listen to Warren & Johnny on the way home, cuppa tea when I get in and listen to the second half on the radio, maybe have SSN on in the background watching the scores roll in.....

All the time pacing around the lounge, like a was a prisoner on death row with just 45 minutes of time left on this earth.
If we win, I will leap around as though I had suddenly had a stay of execution, and celebrate long into the night with beer and wine...
If we lose, I will slowly trudge upstairs and have a nap....

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We win some against them and lose some as well, the old wheel keeps turning and what seems the most important thing in the world just now will be a triviality in times ahead.

Fingers crossed we do well, but hopefully I can keep some perspective if we don’t.

:)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I make my expectations low and expect to lose. Then I won't be disappointed.
In the grand scheme of things compared to the latest disaster the game is just that but it doesn't stop us worrying about it.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It’s the one set of fixtures I never truly deal with until it’s over and more often than not still seething from it!

We could be 3-0 up with 20 mins to play and I still wouldn’t be convinced it would be our day

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I’m going but it’s just another game on the road to Europe (or the inevitable anticlimax of missing out).
Worst game of the season because of because of everything that surrounds it but don’t get the nervousness some feel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sat with my 37 year old Palace supporting Daughter, we'll be listening to BBC Radio Sussex and have Sky Soccer Saturday on mute

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I ’cope’ but not without feeling nauseous in the proceeding few hours before a match and on the morning of a match, have a tight anxiety knot in my stomach and chest which won’t go away. A bit like I felt in the hours before taking exams at College and Uni - Some matches it’s worse than others - usually when we’re playing teams who would typically be likely to use a low block and shitehousery to save a point against us.

My struggle to ‘cope’ stems mostly from not being well enough physically most of the time these days to attend live matches anymore tbh - that is really difficult for me - also not having a TV/licence, having to rely on audio commentary or the stress of watching the game through a hazy image on a dodgy stream that frequently stops at the most critical part of play - that’s the biggest source of difficulty for me - lack of access to watch the team I love.

I don’t feel the same stress going to live matches, just very excited and overjoyed that I’ve been able to attend despite the physical challenges - I’ll be going to the Fulham match and really looking forward to it but that will be the first for months. I do feel a slight edginess in the live build up in the stadium but that dissipates into concentration once we kick off.

I will say, for some reason, I have never been able to watch penalties on live streams, I have to cover my eyes - if I’m at the game, no problem, can’t turn my eyes away for love nor money . Weird that.🫣

If we loose today, as long as we played really well, our line up was right and the margins were small, even though I‘ll be disappointed because we are having such an excellent season, the disappointment will not last too long.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not looking forward to this at all. Form says we should win fairly comfortably, but we all know that counts for nothing with that lot up the road.

Desperate to avoid defeat today or my birthday meal out with Mrs P tonight ain’t gonna be much fun!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Had a really bus morning, just sat down to find some flowing water . . . . Depping for a local band tonight, so no time to dwell regardelss . . . Looking forward to playing so will possibly moisten the whistle later. It's been a bone dry 2023 so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here