Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game off, surely?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
OK, I know it's not 6ft of the stuff, but even what we have got and more is forecast, then surely there is no way that the south stand etc will be deemed safe by Tuesday night, that's assuming the pitch is not frozen underneath the covers.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well, according to out resident weather experts there has been no snow at in in Sussex (west of Hastings that is) and there will be no more (as it's going to the North and East).

I personally would say that our only chance is the possibility of some milder air being advected up from France in the wake of the low pressure system, giving a brief milder window on Tuesday... but who am I to comment :rolleyes::p

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
club website says the game will go ahead.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think what happens Tuesday on the weather front will decide whether this game goes ahead.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
club website says the game will go ahead.

Erm, of course it will. Until the pitch inspection before the game it will still be going ahead!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
It.s not only the state of the pitch that is considered. If the stands are considered unsafe for spectators then the game will be off.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If it is off, unless we play it next week the next window available is the 24th or 25th of March.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well, according to out resident weather experts there has been no snow at in in Sussex (west of Hastings that is) and there will be no more (as it's going to the North and East).

There has been snow and it's laid here in brighton. I'm not great at geography, is brighton west of hastings?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The snow is almost irrelevant. Its the fact its so cold. Withdean gets so little sun so if it is frosted now there is a good chance it will still be by Tuesday, although I believe it is warming up a little during Tuesday so that is probably why the club are confident. But their recent record is not good!

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Just checked the weather forcast and it meant to be sunny temp about 5 on tuesday so maybe alright

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
keeps the ticket sales going!

Don't forget this is a club who said the match was on at 11:30 one Saturday morning not long ago then it was off an hour later, and that was with no snow!
Well in all fairness why wouldn't they. The club have no powers to call a game off, it's the twat in black that has that honor, and if at 11.30 he hasn't had the gumption to call it off, why should the club stop selling tickets.

I'll all for having a go at the club if justified, but lets be fair about it!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Just checked the weather forcast and it meant to be sunny temp about 5 on tuesday so maybe alright
Well the pitch is covered, the temperate hasn't gotton that low even though we have all this snow, so the ground under the covers is probably not to bad. I would think they will take the covers of Tuesday morning, pitch should be dry and probably be in as perfect condition as it could be this time of year.

I would say given the forcast the game is almost 100% certain to go ahead.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If there is a worry it will be over the safety of the seating areas and supporters walking similar to the situation that caused the postponement against Gillingham last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here