Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game off Sat

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Come on lads - where is the dunkirk spirit ? who wants to meet at withdean with a shovel ?

On other thoughts may have a mad trip to ASDA followed by a DVD and a beer.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Good decision to call it off early, remember last season when i turned up at Withdean and the game had been called off late that morning (gillingham?). Plus saves the Brentford fans from travelling down and wasting money on train tickets. The one im more worried about is Walsall next saturday, got our tickets from london to Brum already, but the last couple of games have been called off at 2pm ish on saturday. I dont really fancy getting all the way up there and finding it is off, which is why we will leave buying tickets to london until the day of the game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hardly surprising

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Absolutely.

This is a good call by all concerned. The Walsall call-off last year was farcical - I was just about to leave when I found out, and I only live 9 miles away. I felt sorry for the fans that were already in Birmingham before they found out.

Nothing beats the fiasco at Halifax in 2001.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Remind us, would you...?

I think I'm right in thinking that it got called off twice during the season pretty close to kick-off because as the pitch was a disaster due to the rugby team playing their aswell.
It eventually got played on a Thursday which might have been 2 days after the Championship winning game against Chesterfield.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I am pretty confident now that Gus will bring in new players as promised before the Brentford game.

:wink:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Scandalous! How they they call it off without inspecting the pitch!

Well, if a small party can't access the area, then how are 5,000 + fans, coaches, buses, players and officials needed to make the game go ahead?

Withdean is still deep in snow and the pavements are pressed down to ice. Sensible decision as the forecast is not favourable.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I've got tickets for that and personally won't be too bothered if it's off. Would rather get to the re-arranged game safe and sound :smile:

Nah, midweek Premiership games in London suck. Have to run to the train from work, try and meet peeps who couldn't leave at the same time, no time for beers, back late...like I say, I will probably cry.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I heard this cold snap is to last until the end of January, with the heaviest snowfalls expected in the midlands around the 22nd-23rd :thumbsup:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Well, if a small party can't access the area, then how are 5,000 + fans, coaches, buses, players and officials needed to make the game go ahead?

Withdean is still deep in snow and the pavements are pressed down to ice. Sensible decision as the forecast is not favourable.

Has your sarcasm-o-meter gone offline in the bad weather?

I'm glad this has been called off as I was supposed to be working. I'm worried about when it will be rearranged though as I have a few Tuesdays booked up already. I'm also worried about the Wallsall game, if it was called off it would be the second year in a row I've bought advance train tickets and been dissapointed by bloody weather! Still, a little early to forecast that fixture I hope.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
dont mind as long as its not rescheduled for the 19th of January as I have a fantastic concert lined up that evening!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here