S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Clubs always get shit from fans over pitch inspections, so it's only fair that the club gets a lot of credit for doing this.

Much better to call it now with the knowledge that the weather won't improve, unlike the situation at Wallsall last year, where they almost swore blind it would be on and the near farcical pitch inspection situation at Torquay last week.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Clubs always get shit from fans over pitch inspections, so it's only fair that the club gets a lot of credit for doing this.

Much better to call it now with the knowledge that the weather won't improve, unlike the situation at Wallsall last year, where they almost swore blind it would be on and the near farcical pitch inspection situation at Torquay last week.

Absolutely.

This is a good call by all concerned. The Walsall call-off last year was farcical - I was just about to leave when I found out, and I only live 9 miles away. I felt sorry for the fans that were already in Birmingham before they found out.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Absolutely.

This is a good call by all concerned. The Walsall call-off last year was farcical - I was just about to leave when I found out, and I only live 9 miles away. I felt sorry for the fans that were already in Birmingham before they found out.

Well we were going through Coventry when we found out the game was off.

Went to Birmingham anyway, fairly lengthy pub crawl and then back to London for more beers in the evening.

Rather a good day not ruined by the football.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
put yer money saved on brentford game towards villa one..treat yerself to a nice steak n chips in brummie...:thumbsup:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Let's not forget what a disaster Torquay nearly was. No one expected that match to be off. The gates should have opened at 1.30, were kept closed until 2.15, it was very nearly called off by the ref.

But you saw the dilemma they face with that one. Call it off early, perhaps unecessarily, but stop fans getting there. Or give it every chance, but if you then have to call it off late everyone's pissed off. It's virtually no-win. Luckily it all worked out on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here