Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oof. Never ever EVER eat while watching GoT.

Great episode. Real calm before the storm feeling right til the final scene.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You're determined to spoiler this show subtly, it's very irritating - it makes me want to stay away from this thread!

The question was asked, so I answered it.

What should I do? Lie?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Well the answer was "no" - but not for the first time in this thread you couldn't resist hinting at a spoiler. Just say nothing that might give away what might happen please.

The answer I gave is entirely accurate - I'm not going to tell a lie in answer to a question.

In any case, this material is years old...at what point does it stop being a spoiler?

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
The answer I gave is entirely accurate - I'm not going to tell a lie in answer to a question.

In any case, this material is years old...at what point does it stop being a spoiler?

Don't be an idiot. Clearly there are many of us that haven't read the books so it's not years old.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Personally, I took the 'not yet...' more as a comment on the fact that so many people seem to die on the show than as any hint of something coming up. Even if it is a hint, I'm not sure it's a major spoiler that a guy who was only recently introduced, has served the purpose of his initial introduction (take major threat in the trial by combat) with no sign of further storyline just yet who was stabbed and almost killed *might* die shortly, a death that currently would appear to have little or no definitive repercussion for the show.

But agree that the idea that because the books are out, it's fair game to ruin the TV show (which is its first broadcast of its first screen adaptation, it's not the same as, say, Romeo and Juliet or any other book that has been adapted numerous times already) to be very... well, dickish.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just read the books, probably easier than waiting for a new episode every week.

I started to read the first one, it was such a slog that waiting for the episodes actually is easier. I might go back and try again when I've caught up on some of my other reading.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
To be fair, he isn't mentioned that much - but he's the one who burned the hounds face as a child - I suspect they will meet at some point, which is why I was upset with Frutos, because I think he has given away what will happen when they do...

Or has he hinted that he will die from the wounds in the fight and Tyrrion will find a loophole of some sort that suggest the blow that killed him was thrown first, so Tyrrion's guy won the fight and Tyrrion is free. Or that his word of his death spreads back to the hound who seeks revenge, or finds peace, or reacts to the news by going on a rampage at the next village.

I'm not sure knowing he is hound's brother really locks in anything specific enough to be a spoiler, tbh. But given how hard I struggle with names and relations, I wouldn't be surprised if some subplots that might be relevant have slipped me by, too.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Just read the books, probably easier than waiting for a new episode every week.

Rate of production of GOT episodes means they may overtake the books. 20 years to between the first and the fifth novel, nothing since 2011. This series will broadly take story up to end of book 3.
Assume George manages to keep the current pace and publishes number 6 in 2015. That 4 and 5 are 1 season each as it's a bit of a stretch to make them 2, and the series producers are apparently thinking 9 seasons in total from 7 books. So 2 seasons for book 3, 1 for all the others and 2 for the final book.
That means 2017 will see book 6 concluded in series 7, meaning if George continues his average output time there will be a 2 year break! And that's optimistic as George has slowed down: A Game of Thrones (1996), A Clash of Kings (1998), A Storm of Swords (2000), A Feast for Crows (2005), A Dance with Dragons (2011)

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
What an episode! Well played to the director for some really amazing scenes.

If you haven't watched it yet, you are in for a treat. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here