Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Years of winter and the night king coming....one small stab and it is all over.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Yes, that was a wonderful episode in that if one suspends a grip on reality, the fight scenes were marvellous, intense and gripping. However, Arya's attack, whilst in-character, appropriate and timely, seemed a little anti-climactic as the winter king guy just shattered away.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Don't think so.

I think that epic episode is the end of that.

It concludes the red woman's, the God of Light's and Arya's plot lines. It also is a fascinating end to Theon's tale of being cowardly traitor, to pathetic slave, to redeeming himself as an honourable knight.

I think Bran could still have a part to play though. We are also still likely to see a Mountain v The Hound "Cleganebowl" given his survival.

The focus on the final episodes will be Jon v Danaerys power struggle - who is the true heir? Or will they go ahead with an avunculate marriage?

This will, of course, be followed with Cersei's war against them. An extremely weakened army, versus the Cersei's predatory mercaneries.

One thing's for sure, the real shocks are yet to come.
No way is Arya’s plot line finished, Cersei is on her list, and I think she’ll go for her, will probably succumb to The Mountain which is where Cleganebowl kicks off. The Hound will whoop his brother for Arya.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Never had to turn the brightness up on the tv before so spent 5 minutes with menus on the screen trying to find it. Much improved with brightness up.
Thought the fight scenes were unrealistic. I know there are dragons I accept that, it's the being surrounded by the enemy and coming out the other side I can't handle.
No problem with the ending but thought the episode was quite weak as a whole.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Years of winter and the night king coming....one small stab and it is all over.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

As impressive as a poke in the eye killing a Giant

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't think so.

I think that epic episode is the end of that.

It concludes the red woman's, the God of Light's and Arya's plot lines. It also is a fascinating end to Theon's tale of being cowardly traitor, to pathetic slave, to redeeming himself as an honourable knight.

I think Bran could still have a part to play though. We are also still likely to see a Mountain v The Hound "Cleganebowl" given his survival.

The focus on the final episodes will be Jon v Danaerys power struggle - who is the true heir? Or will they go ahead with an avunculate marriage?

This will, of course, be followed with Cersei's war against them. An extremely weakened army, versus the Cersei's predatory mercaneries.

One thing's for sure, the real shocks are yet to come.
Yes, possibly.

Maybe it'll be something like Jon Snow becoming a new, not evil, Night King. Afterall, Bran knows how the last one was created.

Can't shake off the feeling that something is missing and still to come from this part of the storyline.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Favourite bit probably the firing up of the Dothraki blades followed by the (Tactically nonsensical) epic charge into the dead .... watching their flames rapidly extinguished and the haunted stragglers come back ramped up the feeling of impending dread/doom.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Favourite bit probably the firing up of the Dothraki blades followed by the (Tactically nonsensical) epic charge into the dead .... watching their flames rapidly extinguished and the haunted stragglers come back ramped up the feeling of impending dread/doom.

Yeah, sending fighters with mad skills off to their death. What did they think was going to happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yeah, sending fighters with mad skills off to their death. What did they think was going to happen?

Putting the trebuchet/artillery out front also a dreadful tactical decision ... I hope those responsible take a long hard look at themselves ... :nono:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Though I understand people thought it was a bit 'meh' i struggle to agree. It was dreadful.
Well I loved it, although given the pace and the (lack of) light I did struggle at times to keep up with who was doing what to whom and where.

As others have speculated, I think there is still a twist in there - the NK won't be gone just like that. Most of the last three eps will focus on the fight for the Throne itself, and I expect the body count to just keep climbing.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We are in dire need of a plot twist.

Bran makes jon snow the night king and he raises an army of the dead to march on kings landing??

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Did they lose the lighting in the last episode? Watching on an Ipad I had no idea what was going on for half the episode, just a lot of grunting and fighting :down:

Occasionally lit up by fire breathing dragons

I found the same, watching on a 42 inch tv in the dark. Disappointing episode - too difficult to see or hear what was going on.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Very good I thought, that bloody night blizzard at first infuriated me as like others was adjusting the TV etc but in end thought it was really clever thing to have done. The nervousness, hopelessness, dread, despair etc was brilliantly conveyed, i was equally feeling sick (although might have been the wine gums) as the battle began following a tense build up. Great ending too, really like Ayra as a character now - she was once just an annoying kid but what a warrior now! Definitely a 1st pick on the team now and no need to go in goal. Sort of the Leicester City of the show, she’s come from nowhere to become an unlikely champion!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Putting the trebuchet/artillery out front also a dreadful tactical decision ... I hope those responsible take a long hard look at themselves ... :nono:

Worked for Wellington at Waterloo albeit I too was finding faults in the generalship from my armchair. Who sends cavalry without infantry support? Those flaming sword Dothraki horsemen were served up as a consequence and rightly so. For an opening move it was just pure folly. You mark my words, this will be on next years Sandhurst entry exams. Absolute shambles.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Worked for Wellington at Waterloo albeit I too was finding faults in the generalship from my armchair. Who sends cavalry without infantry support? Those flaming sword Dothraki horsemen were served up as a consequence and rightly so. For an opening move it was just pure folly. You mark my words, this will be on next years Sandhurst entry exams. Absolute shambles.

Shocking waste of cavalry ... Lord Cardigan tactical advisor?

Shambles indeed, deploy the dragons early doors, combined arms operation which served Jerry so well in 1940 ... basic stuff *tut*

Very good I thought, that bloody night blizzard at first infuriated me as like others was adjusting the TV etc but in end thought it was really clever thing to have done. The nervousness, hopelessness, dread, despair etc was brilliantly conveyed, i was equally feeling sick (although might have been the wine gums) as the battle began following a tense build up. Great ending too, really like Ayra as a character now - she was once just an annoying kid but what a warrior now! Definitely a 1st pick on the team now and no need to go in goal. Sort of the Leicester City of the show, she’s come from nowhere to become an unlikely champion!

First series/film that gave me that dogdy tummy feeling, loved it!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The contrast between last night and the first couple of seasons is interesting to me. It was obvious for a time there that they did not have the budget for huge battle scenes. If i remember correctly we only see the lead up to and aftermath of Jamie's defeat to Rob (is that right? the one with the Tyrion and his mountain folk - Shagga!!) this meant that the show had to concentrate on furthering the narrative and developing character to keep us hooked. This is something which it did brilliantly.

S8 E3 was a masterpiece of spectacular all action battle scenes clearly made on a spectacular budget. Lets face it, as an episode of television it broke new ground on what can be achieved on the small screen. I just can't help feeling that we have a 'style over content' dilemma here. Obviously we needed the battle scene and obviously we needed the massive budget to accomplish what was necessary but I can't shake the feeling that somewhere along the way we left the plot behind. The beauty of Game of Thrones is not the all action battle sequences (although it will surely be remembered for these), it is the depth, richness and complexity of the narrative, the call backs to previous conversations and most of all the mind****ing twists and turns of plot-lines that so often left us feeling vulnerable and deserted as our highly tuned narrative understandings were ripped to shreds. Season 7 and 8 seem to me to be normal and formulaic, treading the path of expectation that we already have ingrained in us from years of watching TV and Movies. Game of Thrones still does it better than most but I am afraid I still want more. I want Game of Thrones to throw me out on that limb and keep sawing until I am hurtling into the chasm of panic and despair as another of my favourite characters comes to another grisly end. So many times it has passed up the chance to **** with my head and leave me reeling, none more so than last night and as bad as things looked for our brave heroes, as heroic as Arya's out of nowhere finale was it was just too simple, dare i say it too easy?

Its brilliant but surely you can afford to mess with us a few more times in the remaining episodes? GRR would have done, I hope and pray this is why it is taking so long to finish the last book.

Is this how Metallica fans felt when they went mainstream?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here