Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of the Decade

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
If this has been done before, sorry.
But what was your best game in the Noughties (Albion only)

For me the name says it all...
Brighton 4 v Cambridge 3
(Zamora x3)
Hart
:thumbsup:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Play Off Semi or The Chesterfield game, The play off game was better but The Chesterfield game meant more after the bad blood built up over the season with the bungs and the game earlier in the season. Cullip 1-0 Champions. Thanks

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Crystal Palace 0
Brighton and Hove Albion 1

In the end it didn't mean anything tangible, and we lost the bragging rights after about two months, but I went more mental when McShane scored than any other goal, even ones that got us or kept us up.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Play Off Semi or The Chesterfield game, The play off game was better but The Chesterfield game meant more after the bad blood built up over the season with the bungs and the game earlier in the season. Cullip 1-0 Champions. Thanks

This.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The 3-1 victory at Withdean over Reading ....'The best team in the division'

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
leeds 3-3 brighton
brighton 1-2 swindon
brighton 2-2 man city
and the play-off final :cool:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I really enjoyed the FA Cup game at Spurs - a brilliant day out watching the Albion match a decent Premier League side.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Crystal Palace 0

In the end it didn't mean anything tangible, and we lost the bragging rights after about two months, but I went more mental when McShane scored than any other goal, even ones that got us or kept us up.

Yep one of the best nights out ever and the most mental celebrations I've been part of and I'll never forget the feeling after we won on Pens against Swindon in the pissing rain and everyone piled on the pitch

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The 1-0 Palace game would have been up there but I lost my favourite cuff link in the melee after we scored. Yes, yes, it was well worth it. :)

The 3-1 Reading game and 1-0 Chesterfield game both rank up there.

We were rubbish in the Swindon second leg and at Cardiff, but we got we wanted in both cases so who cares. :lolol:

I think I'd have to say the Chesterfield game. Happy days.

Crystal Palace 0

Same here. I had blood dripping from my nose where I caught a stray celebrating fist and fell over the row of seats in front of me but I still got up, dusted myself down and went mental like for no other goal :)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep one of the best nights out ever and the most mental celebrations I've been part of and I'll never forget the feeling after we won on Pens against Swindon in the pissing rain and everyone piled on the pitch

Agree 100%

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
PalARSE 0 Brighton 1
Brighton 2 Man City 2
Brighton 1 Swindon 2 (play offs not last week :lolol:)
Brighton 1 Ipswitch 1
Brighton 1 Stockport 0
Brighton 3 Reading 1
Brighton 2 Sunderland 1 (Mark McCammon scored :lol:

Supprised no-one has said.
:bowdown:West Ham 0 Brighton 1:bowdown:

The 0-1 at Smellhurst was one of those moments you can't describe to anyone non-Albion. SB sums in up well, it many ways it counted for nothing, yet it meant everything.

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Of games attended I would say Leeds 3 Brighton 3 - a superb game of football.

Play off Final was also amazing for the occasion. Also at the end of the same season who if you were there would forget the Wrexham v Brighton game - not for the match so much but for the coming together of two sets of supporters for the common cause of protest against owners trying to destroy a club.

Oct 25, 2003
the play-off semi and final were both fairly poor performances, but great occasions........the chesterfield game was great, but i'm going for the reading 3-1

we utterly DISMANTLED a team that (i think) were actually above us at the time? maybe i can't remember, anyway, we crushed them into a PULP in that game, and zamora's performance was SUBLIME

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here