Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

g4 booed at old trafford

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Thimble Keegan said:
The only booing I heard was for G4, the Polish anthem and Sven for taking off Sean Wright-Philips...SWP was not booed when he touched the ball.

I was there and I concur.

Think Crouch just pipped G4 in the unpopularity stakes - because SWP was such a creative forward force at the time (even if he did remind me of Rod Thomas on one or two occasions when there was no ultimate product at the end of a mazy run:D )

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
Brighton Boy - were you actually at the game? If you are relying on the TV coverage, you may be getting mixed up slightly. The Polish fans had a habit of booing all our players whenerver we were in an attacking position, which were the main times SWP had the ball.

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
Brighton Boy said:
They werent booing SWP are you for real???

him and crouch took abuse on that pitch
You was not there FFS!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
yorkshire seagull said:
Sven, for making another ill judged substitution....

Oh that'll be the one he made ten minutes before the goal after we'd stepped the pace then?

upnorthnow

Feb 4, 2004
SK13
Crouch was booed BIG STYLE, G4 was really funny, I did not hear SWP being booed, by the chatter that went on after the subsitition was incredible, everybody turned to the person next to them as if to ask 'why the f*ck has he swapped him for him?"

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Thimble Keegan said:
That is some 'FIFA International Anthem' which proceeds every teams entrance to the pitch for a FIFA sanctioned match.

It is crap but I hope I am hearing it a lot in Germany next summer.

G4 getting booed was funny and it was not a reaction to conceding a goal, it is because football fans do not want pop-shite boy-bands (classical or otherwise) doing the half-time 'entertainment'.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Agree why have them at a football match. Was funny with the singing "Who the f**king hell are you" I didn't hear or see anyone enjoying their song. Can't even remember what they were singing. Thing that surprised me most last night was how many Polish fans were in amongst the English. I was in the North stand and there was a large contingent of Polish fans and when they scored there was a lot of edgy stewards. Good night out. Started feeling a bit tired now after getting in at 2.30 this morning but a good day out. Was passed by a fellow BHA fan getting out of Salford Quay. Nice to see a few of us went. Roll on Germany.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
SWP never got booed and after Crouch came on I didn't hear any booing aimed at him, not in the North Stand near me. The Polish were booing everything, I think that was a reaction to the noise made during their national anthem. The main reaction was to SWP being substituted no one in the ground could make that out. Still we won, so might have been the correct decision. I liked the way McClaren was driving the side on in the second half he was standing up near the touchline urging the players forward. Even after we got the 2nd goal and then defended deeper McClaren was urging the back four to get up the pitch. The booing for the ball being played back to Robinson from the half way line was also justified at one time we were playing the ball around in their half with no urgency and then it ends up going back to our keeper. When we should have been chasing the game.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Crouch was booed because he broke Keanes foot or something right?

And SWP is ex-Man City, the game was played at Old Trafford? Would make sense? Tossers, although if England were playing at Falmer i'd boo AJ:lolol:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
magoo said:

At German league games they have a habit of playing the cheesiest songs going,when i saw Eintracht Frankfurt play,they played a jazzed up I will survive, My oh My by Slade, and a metal version of Youll Never Walk Alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here