Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Funny things you have heard on the terraces.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
So, you're OK with homophobic abuse, but draw a line at racial abuse? Glad to hear that your little world is so compartmentalized. Bullying and abuse knows no such fine lines, it's all bullying and abuse. Probably, you're not for taunting spastics either (or are you?)....but homosexuals are somehow fair game? You have no idea because you cannot know the pain caused by bullying or taunting. I've seen it on the face of a 12 year old, on teenagers faces and in their souls. I have been a teacher and a councelor and a coach. I have felt it myself. Here in Hawaii, haoles (whitey) are bullied routinely. There is pain and suffering and psychological damage involved.

If you'd ever experienced anything like it you'd shut the hell up and stop your verbal diarrhea about 'avin' a laugh on the terraces -- at others' expense. There is no difference between racial abuse and homophobic abuse, or verbal domestic abuse. It's abuse. You're an abuser and find it hilarious. End of.

Finally, son, I suggest you read Walt Jabsco's well-written and timely article on here that states, among many other useful insights: "Two-thirds of fans felt football would be a better sport if anti-gay abuse and discrimination was eradicated." You would appear to be in a sad minority.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
So, you're OK with homophobic abuse, but draw a line at racial abuse? Glad to hear that your little world is so compartmentalized. Bullying and abuse knows no such fine lines, it's all bullying and abuse. Probably, you're not for taunting spastics either (or are you?)....but homosexuals are somehow fair game? You have no idea because you cannot know the pain caused by bullying or taunting. I've seen it on the face of a 12 year old, on teenagers faces and in their souls. I have been a teacher and a councelor and a coach. I have felt it myself. Here in Hawaii, haoles (whitey) are bullied routinely. There is pain and suffering and psychological damage involved.

If you'd ever experienced anything like it you'd shut the hell up and stop your verbal diarrhea about 'avin' a laugh on the terraces -- at others' expense. There is no difference between racial abuse and homophobic abuse, or verbal domestic abuse. It's abuse. You're an abuser and find it hilarious. End of.

Finally, son, I suggest you read Walt Jabsco's well-written and timely article on here that states, among many other useful insights: "Two-thirds of fans felt football would be a better sport if anti-gay abuse and discrimination was eradicated." You would appear to be in a sad minority.

Powerful point and well made.

Thread closed me thinks. Verdict - Frank, look at your OP again and if you're really still wondering why people won't tolerate such comments this day and age then really, you should hang your head in shame at your ignorance. Back to school son - I recommend you ask to be in Ken's class too.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Directed at a player called dyer I'd don't know which one but it was
" your not dyer you just shit "

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
some one in the east stand shouted at Mark Barnham Ive seen f***ing milk turn faster than you.

Same nutter would shout you f***ing useless bald wanker at clive walker

Oct 17, 2011

:wozza:

I reckon the keeper was traumatised.. Probably needed counselling.:facepalm:

You Sir, are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Why bring kids and 'souls' into it??, and stop mentioning race to make your claim stronger.

I think you are nuts.

You have gone into some nutty speech about deep shit, when all i was doing is laughing at how many funny names some came up for calling the keeper a woofta.

Bit of perspective here is what is needed.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
:wozza:

I reckon the keeper was traumatised.. Probably needed counselling.:facepalm:

You Sir, are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Why bring kids and 'souls' into it??, and stop mentioning race to make your claim stronger.

I think you are nuts.

You have gone into some nutty speech about deep shit, when all i was doing is laughing at how many funny names some came up for calling the keeper a woofta.

Bit of perspective here is what is needed.

But you started a thread with some examples that aren't funny? Just childish at best, homophobic at worst. You don't get it so I can only conclude you're a bit thick. Sorry Frank, but I'm out of here. Pointless arguing with an idiot.

Oct 17, 2011
But you started a thread with some examples that aren't funny? Just childish at best, homophobic at worst. You don't get it so I can only conclude you're a bit thick. Sorry Frank, but I'm out of here. Pointless arguing with an idiot.

Childish is correct.

So no need to throw your toys out of the pram is there.

Dont say sorry for calling me thick you f***ing nause of a man.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Was at an Irish League match back in the mid-90s on a freezing cold Tuesday night at Windsor Park, Linfield v Glenavon (I think, might have been Coleraine). It was so cold that only a couple of thousand turned up, and you could hear the players struggling on the pitch. We were in the huge North Stand with 3/4 of the seats empty.

Linfield had a big ugly striker called Stephen 'Stanley' Baxter playing at the time, a wayward cross from the Blues' winger caught the wind and left everyone stranded, including the opposing keeper in the middle of his 18 yard box, the ball fell to Stan, loitering on his own near the back, he ran five yards toward a completely empty goal.....and put it over the bar, by some distance.

The few away fans who bothered to turned up were even stunned into silence, the whole ground hushed in disbelief, until a huge big Belfast parade square voice, from a fat guy sat down the front from us bellowed "TAXI FOR BAXTER!". Even the Linfield players looked up and laughed, as did the home and away fans right around the ground, and both benches. Highlight of the night it was.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Terracing behind the goal at Gilligham, cant for life of me remember who we were playing, but someone called their keeper a poof, and then everyone was shouting out random insults to the keeper being a "poof"

marmite minor
poo pusher
caramel cave dweller
Elton

The list was endless,and had all of us in hysterics..

Does anyone specifically remember this? I hope so

I know it has all got a bit silly with the gay thing at the mo, but does anyone remember it..??

Funny day on the terraces, think we were on a long goalless run at the time??

Lets lighten up and remember the funny bits.

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

When was this? 1952?? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here