Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Funniest Sounding Sussex Village

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Got it off Google....but has anyone seen Myskyns?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I know its not Sussex but I went to the village of Box in Somerset once!

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I know they aren't villages but the use of the word 'bottom' to describe dry valleys in the S. Downs has caused our family much puerile but harmless amusement over the years; such as:-

Loose Bottom (between Falmer & Kingston)
Crapham Bottom (between E Dean and E'bourne); and
Big Bottom (on the left just after you've climbed up to Ditchling Beacon on the road).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is there one of those in Sussex too? As there is a Burpham just outside Guildford (next to Merrow).

It's a small village overlooking the Arundel flood plain, and views onto the castle.
Hence average property price over £500,000, conservatively speaking (was gonna go for the cool million, but that might just be stretching it).

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
I know they aren't villages but the use of the word 'bottom' to describe dry valleys in the S. Downs has caused our family much puerile but harmless amusement over the years; such as:-

Loose Bottom (between Falmer & Kingston)
Crapham Bottom (between E Dean and E'bourne); and
Big Bottom (on the left just after you've climbed up to Ditchling Beacon on the road).

Near cambridge is Six Mile Bottom :lol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There's a hamlet near Battle that is known by the locals as Slutt's Hole.

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
Not Sussex, but Three Cocks is a hamlet just outside Brecon and is virtually overlooked by a mountain called Lord Hereford's Knob (immortalised by a Half Man Half Biscuit song).

I was reliably informed by a former work colleague that there is a "suburb" of Robertsbridge known as "Sluts Hole". Any Robertsbridgeonians on the board care to confirm??

As for national funny names I think that "Nempnett Thrubwell" (North Somerset) takes a lot of beating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here