Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Yeah or the Liberal DEMOCRATS.

Those guys are mental.

:lolol:OK, maybe there are exceptions...

A quick google of the term "information minister" reveals Iraq, Somalia, Uganda, Burma, DR Congo and Zimbabwe...a sort-of United Nations equivalent of the naughty thick kids who would fart loudly during school assembly.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Has anyone seen the posters on Hove seafront extolling the virtues of North Korea as a model state. No CCTV no corruption etc..

It gives a website The Official Webpage of The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) which is funny in itself, though I do fancy a propaganda tshirt (have a look at the shop section)

Wow.

There's an organised trip there in August but you can't take your mobile phone or any mass printed propaganda (sorry Daily Mail readers).

The highlight is a trip to see the Mass Games, if it's confirmed. Maybe that's how we should advertise the 2012 Olympics.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It gives a website The Official Webpage of The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) which is funny in itself, though I do fancy a propaganda tshirt (have a look at the shop section)

That is GENIUS. Isn't the internet technically banned in the DPRK? I like the Tote Bag myself, for $19.49 you can save the environment AND show your support for the Dear Leader while you go to Tesco. Brilliant.

355373593v2147483647_240x240_Front.jpg

I also like the business advice.

The DPR of Korea (North Korea) will become in the next years the most important hub for trading in North-East Asia.

Lowest labour cost in Asia.

Highly qualified, loyal and motivated personnel. Education, housing and health service is provided free to all citizens. As opposed to other Asian countries, worker's will not abandon their positions for higher salaries once they are trained. (funny that)

Lowest taxes scheme in Asia. Especially for high-tech factories. Typical tax exemption for the first two years.

No middle agents. All business made directly with the government, state-owned companies. No middle agents.

Stable. A government with solid security and very stable political system, without corruption. (hmmm)

Full diplomatic relations with most EU members and rest of countries (???)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Good article on N.Korea by Richard Lloyd Parry in The Times today.

With their economic situation so much worst than the South and their friends becoming even more distant I do hope they behave themselves with this plutonium stuff.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Various experts seem to think a lot of what's coming out of North Korea at the moment is just bluff linked to the succession struggle. Nobody's really sure who will take over from Kim Jong Il when he croaks.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They have one of the world's largest armies, according to figures, but their equipment is largely ancient Russian stuff.

Mad as they are, I can't actually see them pressing the nuclear button, they'd promptly be annihilated by the rest of the world.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
They have one of the world's largest armies, according to figures, but their equipment is largely ancient Russian stuff.

Mad as they are, I can't actually see them pressing the nuclear button, they'd promptly be annihilated by the rest of the world.

Im not so sure, A lot of humanitarians wouldnt be very happy by that, I think if they make a move towards south korea there would be an immediate order to submit to NATO and the UN followed by military action, and with the entire country brainwashed by their president whos dead, I think that would be no mean feat.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I read an article (possibly recent newspaper) that implied that the whole posturing over the plutonium is to give a bargaining chip when negotiating food aid, given that a lot of the population suffer chronic malnutrition.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Seems the North Koreans are closer than you think. The official homepage links to the Juche Study Group (Juche Idea Study Group of England) which........

"We hold study meetings and seminars. We also participate in meetings and seminars of the Society for Friendship with Korea. We have members in London, Stoke on Trent, Warrington, BRIGHTON and Southampton."

So own up...who's been promoting the Dear Leader's immortal teachings outside Withdean on Saturday afternoons?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely they were armed by China?

Only going on what was written on Wikipedia, and in one of the newspaper reports on the subject recently.

And no, it wasn't The Sun :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here