Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

''...funds will be made available'' - Three words.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Silent Bob said:
Okey dokey. Just checking to make sure there was some foundation for such bold claims ;)

What is he like? Creative player? dribbler?

HE played on the wing for Arsenal and scored a couple of goals. in fact in one of the games he wa ssub came on and immediately completely change dthe game for arsenal and they went on to walk away easy winner. He's got more skill than any player in the current side and knows where the goal is. He WILL make arsenals first team in the future but as he's too young at the moment would be an ideal loan signing.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Yes, on the TELE.

You're the second person that has asked that and I ask YOU.

'Wouldn't you like to sign a player that has played Champions League football this season as well as playing for the Arsenal youngsters team that got to the quarter finals of the League Cup beating Everton and Man City on the way?'

Yes, I'm not saying I wouldn't like to sign him. Just I'd like to know more about him and as I said make sure people aren't putting unrealistic hopes on him just becuase he plays for Arsenal ;)

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The two games I have seen him play, he oozed quality and you could see (as above) he WILL be an Arsenal first team regular.

Just young at the moment and again as above, crying out to be loaned out and gain some experience!!

QUALITY PLAYER IMHO!!

:clap2:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
Yes, I'm not saying I wouldn't like to sign him. Just I'd like to know more about him and as I said make sure people aren't putting unrealistic hopes on him just becuase he plays for Arsenal ;)

:drink:

From what I've seen of him he looks genuine class. Enjoys running at people and is very pacey.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So is he a winger or a striker? I heard he only wants to play on the wing?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Im not 100% on his actual playing position, I wouldn't care as long as we got him!

he'd add another 20-30% to the midfield IMO!

:clap:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Here he is...

VGDSXICsG.jpg

Full name Quincy Owusu Abeyie
Position Striker
Born 15 April 1986, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Joined Monday, 1 July 2002

Debut Carling Cup 3rd Round v Roth Utd (h) 28 Oct 2003 (Won 9-8 after a penalty shootout)

Previous clubs Ajax (Youth)
SK Beveren (Loan)

Appearences: 4
Starts: 1
Substitute: 3
League Appearences: 0
Goals scored: 1
Yellow cards: 0
Red cards: 0

Quincy signed for Arsenal in the summer of 2002 from the Ajax youth system - the same system that produced Dennis Bergkamp and Nwankwo Kanu. His first team chances have been limited, mostly restricted to the Carling Cup. If Quincy keeps his focus on football he may make it as an Arsenal player, however he will be spending this season on loan at Belgian club SK Beveren.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well if we're getting in someone it may as well be him, he seems higly rated enough! :clap2:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
He's generally a winger for arsenal but he's also classed as a striker. I would hope McGhee would have him as a winger. HE could take defences apart for fun and play balls in that are as good as anytihng Currie could do.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Silent Bob said:
Well if we're getting in someone it may as well be him, he seems higly rated enough! :clap2:

believe me, he's better than that!!!

I will be very surprised and in BLOODY heaven if we get this fella!!

:flameboun

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
This kid is like lightning, not afraid to use the ball or take people on!

You are looking at the the future of Arsenal!! With him and Fabregas, Christ!!!

I can't rate him highly enough!

:clap:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
he is top quality but i think we will be looking at more of a defender depending on where virgo is going to play from now on. if virgo plays in defence i think we will go for quincy but if we continue with virgo up front we will need more experience at the back.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I saw McGhee and Knight going to watch the Arsenal vs Everton game on the train and mentioned this then.

Would be great if we could get him in...as long as he is played in his proper position unlike Graham Barret.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
i aggree with the jarret comment he is very creative and can take players on like nothing. im glad hes one of the players we have on contract after this season as he could grow into something special.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Im not being rude or trying to piss on anyones parade but Jarret was released by f***ing Wimbledon for gods sake. What does that tell you about him?

He is good going forward but very rare that there is an end result and cant defend for shit.

Id play Jones above him any day.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Im not being rude or trying to piss on anyones parade but Jarret was released by f***ing Wimbledon for gods sake. What does that tell you about him?

He is good going forward but very rare that there is an end result and cant defend for shit.

Id play Jones above him any day.

:clap: :clap:

Agreed, if he is THAT good, when will he be getting a game.

My opinion on Jarrett still not made!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here