Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Full blown conversations at the football

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Kiss my arse - I'll talk about what I want during the game.

I'm perfectly capable of making my eyes observe a match and making words come out of my mouth at exactly the same time :facepalm:

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
First time for me in my season ticket seat in the north last night - loved every minute of it - can't wait to sample the atmosphere at a 'proper' game. I was surprised how close you feel to the game there - never felt like that anywhere else in the ground and have sat in all the other stands.

I had three very annoying old reading fans behind me who talked garbage all night!!!

First time for me in my season ticket seat in the north last night - loved every minute of it - can't wait to sample the atmosphere at a 'proper' game. I was surprised how close you feel to the game there - never felt like that anywhere else in the ground and have sat in all the other stands.

I had three very annoying old reading fans behind me who talked garbage all night!!!

What were they reading, 50 Shades?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Some hilarious conversations going on around me last night, but I'd feel very rude if I posted them on here.

I always talk to mates during the game about random stuff - we are never far from the match itself though.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Deary me, so we're not allowed to have a chat with our friends at the football ? Next you'll be telling us not to stand up or sing.

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
What the christ was all that about if you don't mind me asking?

A group of lads about 6 rows in front of us last night shouting "DAN" at the West all night.

Genuinely intrigued.

It's an Alan Partridge reference, when he see's Dan the Lexi driver in the carpark and continually shouts "Dan" to get his attention, but to no avail. Basically just having a bit of fun trying to get our friend Dan's attention in the WSL, but to no avail :)

It's an Alan Partridge reference, when he see's Dan the Lexi driver in the carpark and continually shouts "Dan" to get his attention, but to no avail. Basically just having a bit of fun trying to get our friend Dan's attention in the WSL, but to no avail :)

Ah, it was you.

Compliments on a very loud voice to you.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
One of them during a 'You're shit AAAAHHHH' thought it was hilarious to do an Alan Partridge impression and yell AH-HAAA which soon devolved into them screaming DAN which they found hilario and I found f***ing annoying.

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
One of them during a 'You're shit AAAAHHHH' thought it was hilarious to do an Alan Partridge impression and yell AH-HAAA which soon devolved into them screaming DAN which they found hilario and I found f***ing annoying.

Sorry about that, these things happen - Ah ha!

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
scaled.php

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Friendly is ok . League match it can be off putting to have some monotone voice banging on in your ear about their banking matters. These chats even seem to survive our attacks / corners and any incidents etc.

Normally give it 30 mins or so then turn round and have a pop. Soon shuts them up

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I chat during the match (and will continue to do so) but when any slight play develops my attention is back on the pitch. I find that Calde unleashing a thunderbolt somewhat inhibits my ability to chunter about my Chalfonts.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Was saying this just last week, it's football not a coffee morning!

I was at the back of the north stand tonight being my usual noisy self misses and mates sat a few rows ahead some idiot moaning how loud and wait for it... Out of tune we were!!

Seriously?

But it was out of tune, out of time!:smokin:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm surprised this winds people up, in the north before the start and at half time the PA is too loud to have a conversation without shouting to each other, during the game there is too much noise to have more than a very brief conversation.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
This. I will be meeting up with a good mate on 25/8 for the first time for 4 months so will be talking utter shite for the whole 90 minutes probably. Does this make me a bad fan ?

No but it seems like to some it will make you an annoying fan!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here