Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fulham - the team to emulate?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes its taken them what 9 years in the prem to reach a European final.

They seem very well run - unlike Pompey, Hull etc.

Not a rebound club like West Brom, Boro.

Havent plummeted like Leeds, Charlton, Norwich.

They went up two divisions quite rapidly with FLAIR managers (Keegan & Tigana) in 1998 - 99 and 2000 - 01. They spent a bit of cash getting to the prem true with Paul Pesch and Saha.

Stuggled a bit yes but always survived...on modest crowds really.

So is this THE team to emulate/aspire to be like? REALISTICALLY

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Under Tigana they played good football using the basis of keep the ball. The other side cant score if they havent got the ball that reminds of another manager's phylosophy this season.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
No, not the team to emulate we can be better and create our own legacy.

That said, hats off to Fulham and I hope thy win the Euro tin pot trophy.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Was there last night, absolutely cracking atmosphere. What surprises me, though, is their pathetic away following - 289 to Wigan on a Saturday, not that hard to get to from London. I'm sure they took at least 2000 to the Goldstone when they beat us in the FA Cup, when they were in the old Division Three. I suppose it must be people like me and my mate going; he is a member of their membership club, and just goes to "big" games - they are considerably cheaper than the other London Premiership clubs.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I'm not stalking you, honestly....but why do you feel the need to do this EVERY time? Is it Pavlovian? OCD?

I think it is NSCitis...there are a few who have it, some worse than others.

The symptoms largely relate to a feeling that unless you haven't read every page of threads or spend the majority of your life trawling through all the guff on NSC then you are not qualified to have an opinion or start a thread of your own. If there is any suggestion that a subject may have been discussed previously, possibly before the poster had even joined NSC, then a resounding cry of "fixtures" is shouted...much to the hilarity of the other NSC OCD crowd!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No, not the team to emulate we can be better and create our own legacy.

That said, hats off to Fulham and I hope thy win the Euro tin pot trophy.

Exactly, the potential sum of our total parts is more than Fulham's, who, as the ITV commentators were keen to point out, struggled to get 4k at home ten or so years ago. The key for any 'mid-level' club wanting to emulate Fulham will be about unearthing another Roy Hodgson and they may very well be few and far between.

In related news (and I preface this by saying I'm not a big follower of the Premier League) I was shocked to find out that Paul Konchesky was English. With his looks and surname I'd always assumed he was from Eastern Europe. Doh!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if they had lost on the last day at Portsmouth a couple of years ago instead of winning,how differently things would have panned out for Fulham?.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Bloody hell boys. Established in the Premiership and in a Euro final is not good enough for you!

Historically though Fulham are a bigger club having spent 19 seasons in the top flight compared to Brightons 4.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here