Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fulham stay up.. surely THE greatest escape ?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Oldham's top flight survival in the 92/93 season. With three games to play they were EIGHT points from safety. Somehow they managed to win their last three games while the team that were cruising EIGHT points clear of them could only garner one further point from their remaining games. Oldham subsequently stayed up on goal difference. The relegated team? CRYSTAL PALACE!:clap2::clap2::clap2: That's as brilliant a relegation...er, survival...as any.:thumbsup:

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

i had forgotten about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I think you’ll find that we won our last four games in 1980-81 to stay in the top division.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Oldham's top flight survival in the 92/93 season. With three games to play they were EIGHT points from safety. Somehow they managed to win their last three games while the team that were cruising EIGHT points clear of them could only garner one further point from their remaining games. Oldham subsequently stayed up on goal difference. The relegated team? CRYSTAL PALACE!:clap2::clap2::clap2: That's as brilliant a relegation...er, survival...as any.:thumbsup:

Coventry City did something like that in the 80s but obviously it was no where near as newsworthy or as funny as Oldham's effort because it didn't involves Crystal Palace being RELEGATED. :ascarf:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
'The 1st Reading goalscorer this afternoon is Brighton and Hove Albion'

:tosser:

Said after Charlie Oatway's own-goal at the Madejski on the day that Dave Kitson put on an exhibition of diving that wouldn't have looked out of place at the Olympics.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What he said.

Fulham have nothing on Gritt, Reinelt, Storer, Ormerod and the rest. :bowdown:

Much as I'd like to agree, pulling it off in the Premiership is way harder than doing it in the 4th division imo but I enjoyed our great escape a thousand times more :yahoo:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Top flight escape;

Four wins on the trot, three against fellow relegation rivals, although Palace were already down by then. 1980-81. The away win at Roker Park in the penultimate game should really have sent Sunderland down!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here