Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fuel Prices,what are you paying ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Waitrose in Abergavenny is the cheapest in my area. Unleaded is £1.08, Diesel is £1.09.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
boston lincolnshire its £109.9 at shell asda and esso but for some strange reason tesco is £111.9 these are diesel prices take 2p of for petrol

111.9 petrol and 112.9 diesel in Grimsby , prices have dropped a penny a litre from last week but are still 4p a litre dearer than on December 31st.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tesco Burgess Hill is £115.9 for diesel. Why the .9 why not round it up to £116. If I went to a garage and said I want exactly 4 litres what would they charge me when the correct price is.£4.636 why should I pay £4.64 or why should I be given it for £4.63.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I always think Tesco charge more than everyone so that when people get their 5p off vouchers it brings it back to a normal price but people think they've made a saving.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Don't really clock it to be honest, if I have £20 in my purse then £20 goes in...Filled up at the Total by the Royal Coaches roundabout in Shoreham the other day, so what they are charging thats what I paid...

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
At 59p a litre it's a gas..

Loving the goverment agreement to keep it 40p litre under diesel :thumbsup:

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Paying 100 centimos a litre in Spain [equiv. 90p] & 68p a litre in Gibraltar if can be arsed with the crossing.

Ecuador in November last was US$ 1.03 a Gallon!

All prices for diesel.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
why is diesel only 2p more than unleaded when 6 months ago it was about11p more per litre?

When I were a lad (1970's/1980's) and the only vehicles that used diesel were vans, buses and lorries diesel was CONSIDERABLY less expensive than petrol.

Clearly there must have been a change in the way Crude Oil is refined since then to justify this increase still I always give multi-national Oil Companies the benefit of the doubt especially as I do Offshore work for them from time to time on a Consultancy Basis.......:thumbsup:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I always think Tesco charge more than everyone so that when people get their 5p off vouchers it brings it back to a normal price but people think they've made a saving.

I'd agree with that, they have been getting more expensive throughout their store too - they are now relying on customer loyalty rather than prices.

United petrol stations always seem to be a few pence cheaper than them too despite supposedly not having the same buying power.

Not had to fill up this year since my car broke down, but have seen prices ranging from £108.9 to £119.9 for petrol last Thursday

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
I fill up with red diesel and have been for the last two years, sod this thieving government. Save thousands and thousands a year :thumbsup:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I fill up with red diesel and have been for the last two years, sod this thieving government. Save thousands and thousands a year :thumbsup:

If you get stopped by the Ministry, they will look at the date you aquired the vehicle, then charge you back to that date, accordingly.

Also, red diesel stain the fuel lines permenantly. You will be unable to sell your vehicle to anybody who wishes to use it on the road.

BikiniandaPorkPie

Oct 29, 2008
Brighton
£108.9 at Asda, Hollingbury and Marina and Shell, Preston Park. Dearest I've seen in Brighton is currently BP Ditchling Road, £114.9, 4p dearer than the Gyratory BP just down the road!

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually

i find that highly dubious unless its some chemical reaction that removes the red dye. which i also find unlikely too (otherwise they wouldnt use it).

Get off ya arse and go search e-bay,then come back,if you cant find it i will give you an item number,lol chemical reaction,waaaaaaaaaaaaa what a fag its only a dye,like the red is only a dye.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here