Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fuel price rise.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Ok,so nPower have yet AGAIN announce price rises (third time this year) Having left Powergen in March because of their increases,looks as if i am no better off? Is there any point in switching supply. Which ever company you are with you just increase. Seems like a case of 'we're raise ours this month you raise yours next month' :angry: :albion:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No point in changing whatsoever.
They'll ALL f*** you over, in the end.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Talking of petrol, I was midly surprised that unleaded is down to 89.9 now at Tesco. First time I've seen it below 90 for months.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Easy 10 said:
Talking of petrol, I was midly surprised that unleaded is down to 89.9 now at Tesco. First time I've seen it below 90 for months.
Really, which Tesco? Its 92p up here in Mid-sussex

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I know - the fuckers.

One of our housemates agreed to pay £73 a MONTH for electricity only - this is without a 23% increase.

Lets just say im ANGRY :angry: :angry: :angry: I'm going to have real probles affording it this year.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Safeway said:
That's f***ing ridiculous - how big's the property?

traditional terraced house - pretty small. Has 4 bedrooms, but origionally had 2.

It's so ridiculous, and i dont think we can get out of the contract - as its out of the 14 day cancellation agreement.

ben andrews' girlfriend said:
traditional terraced house - pretty small. Has 4 bedrooms, but origionally had 2.

It's so ridiculous, and i dont think we can get out of the contract - as its out of the 14 day cancellation agreement.

That's OUTRAGEOUS. In my albeit limited experience, I'd say you should be looking at no more than about £40.00 a month (general rule of thumb = £10.00 per month per bedroom).

TELL HENpower to f*** themselves and join EDF. Although you're out of the cooling-off period, it's highly unlikely you'll be tied in for any minimum period so should be able to change supplier within about a month.

www.edfenergy.com :thumbsup:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Easy 10 said:

wank - i filled up at the trust esso for 92.9 and thought i had a BARGAIN

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Leekbrookgull said:
Ok,so nPower have yet AGAIN announce price rises (third time this year) Having left Powergen in March because of their increases,looks as if i am no better off? Is there any point in switching supply. Which ever company you are with you just increase. Seems like a case of 'we're raise ours this month you raise yours next month' :angry: :albion:

Of course theres no point. All the companies get the electricity and gas from the same suppliers so they're all going to be more or less the same apart from the special offers and service.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
I know - the fuckers.

One of our housemates agreed to pay £73 a MONTH for electricity only - this is without a 23% increase.

Lets just say im ANGRY :angry: :angry: :angry: I'm going to have real probles affording it this year.

But that agreement is only what you are paying in direct debits NOT what you are using. Take a meter reading and compare it to your bill and with that high payment you will be way overpaid.
Just phone them up and tell them you want to reduce your monthly repayments. No need to change supplier as you are unlikely to get drastic reductions.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I got a tank load of petrol in CORNWALL last week for 89.9p. Morrison's in Bude, if anyone wants to go.

I tell you what -- these rural types may well be dead against the march of the big supermarkets into their areas and "killing off all the trade"... but it's interesting to see how many of them go there for cheap petrol.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I got a tank load of petrol in CORNWALL last week for 89.9p. Morrison's in Bude, if anyone wants to go.

I tell you what -- these rural types may well be dead against the march of the big supermarkets into their areas and "killing off all the trade"... but it's interesting to see how many of them go there for cheap petrol.

I'm going diving and coasteering in Cornwall next week. Looks like my holiday will actually SAVE me money :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here