Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fuel drivers strike = food shortage?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think we will see a shortage of Spanish grown food. The blockades are potentially forcing BMW in Oxford to cease production as they can't gain access to key parts. I am sure the same will go for Spanish beans or whatever we import from them.

A summer of discontent all over the EU seemingly. Particularly Germany after their defeat to Croatia.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If fuel delivery vehicles don't delivery HOW WILL THE FUEL DELIVERY VEHICLES FILL UP WITH FUEL next week, nobody has thought of that have they, the whole world is about to end

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some shops will unduobtably run out of some things, because some IDIOTS will PANIC and buy up everything in sight, 'just in case'.

Buttinhams

Be seeing you!
Apr 24, 2008
You, Sir, are a
2414554500_cfd9ee95ae.jpg
:D

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If fuel delivery vehicles don't delivery HOW WILL THEY FILL UP WITH FUEL next week, nobody has thought of that have they, the whole world is about to end

Because like the last blockade certain garage's are still stocked for essential workers, My job falls within that catagory as I would imagine food delivery lorry drivers would along with emergency services etc.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm actually GUTTED today. I filled my car with diesel yesterday. Now everyone is queuing at the pumps and buying all the fuel, and I'm going to MISS OUT because I haven't got room in my tank for any.

I'm seriously considering a quick spin up to Manchester and back to use it all, so I can buy some before it runs out.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I'm actually GUTTED today. I filled my car with diesel yesterday. Now everyone is queuing at the pumps and buying all the fuel, and I'm going to MISS OUT because I haven't got room in my tank for any.

I'm seriously considering a quick spin up to Manchester and back to use it all, so I can buy some before it runs out.

That sir is a cracking idea!!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Well I've stock up on toilet rolls:thumbsup:

Don't worry. All the Range Rover drivers will be conserving fuel for essential needs, like driving the little darlings to school.

Supermarket carparks will be deserted, queues at the check-outs will be shorter, and there will be TONS of unsold food on the shelves for ordinary people.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Because like the last blockade certain garage's are still stocked for essential workers, My job falls within that catagory as I would imagine food delivery lorry drivers would along with emergency services etc.

About time someone realised railway workers are essential:thumbsup:

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Well working in a massive distribution centre for one of the major supermarkets I can say the chances of us running out of fuel in 4 days is non existant. We have more fuel tankage on site than 10 petrol stations and it only carries diesel. All topped up on a regular basis.

And yes food retail distribution staff (and depots) are in that catagory of "essential users".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here