Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From Unitedite.co.uk

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Nice little honest report from Handsworthblade :clap:

"First of all excuse the spelling if any mistakes was up at work at 5am then drinking very strong beer before and after the game.

First point today the better team won lets all hold our hands up it does happen and i can praise another team for it, along with wigan and wolves they were good and i was suprised how they raised there game after a big un at spurs last week....... i posted on the pre-match predictions post it would be very close and my 1-0 blades home win right dan shit alley but i did say how well brighton had done this year but what made me howl was the 4-0 and 5-1 blades predictions iam sorry lads in todays age where all teams in this league can beat anyone it doesnt happen it really doesnt...........i can tell you every week whos gunna provide at bramall lane an open game and only ipswich crewe cardiff wigan and very possibly rotherham will attack us and create a good game the rest are here for the point.........alot of the boo sqaud werent at the villa game were out today and moan like f*** it gets my back up they seriously do not understand football brighton today lead so well by leon knight a player id definatley sign on that form lead the line so well he was class he held the ball up ever so well and anyone who doesnt travel away well the blades play like brighton today ???? very stubborn and hard hitting on the break........ we dont need to spend 500k on a striker it dont win cups or medals a striker like knight would cost less and fit perfect into our style, we paid 50k for danny caddy the cost means bugger all.......

lastly as an honest football fan well seasoned id like to praise the 1400 brighton fans today superb absolute qaulity, that team gets 6000 at home games yet takes at least a third to away games each away game even night games, i always praise pompey support from my travels but brighton are right up there with the best...... ive done the old goldstone ground a few times and the withdean 3 times including a friendly friday night game these fans have been to hell and back losing there ground to a focus superstore then put in a delapidated athlectic stadium they hate and now fighting like mad for a new stadium at falmer on the outskirts of brighton, not once have they turned there back on there club they have put there own money in to keep it running and i bow to them....... i sent money to brighton wrexham and airdrie during crises as i have time for every club who belong to there community and fighting the big wigs who wanna develop there history..........

today wee lost and i belive the best team won iam gutted but iam honest, next week we may win at sunderland lets keep it real....."

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
And also this:

Why the Hell have we forked cash out on a crock of shit like Culip? He's rubbish. We have plenty who can play at centre half, are lacking in midfield and up front we are pitiful, so what do we do? Blow the cash on a donkey and stick it in the middle of defence. A man whose control is poor, whose positional play isn't the best and when he get's time on the ball he hoofs it into the crowd isn't what we needed, we have Morgan for that.

We are crying out for a midfield general and I'm sorry, after the Villa game I praised Jags, but after today the doubts re-appeared, I don't think he's the answer. Up front we are pathetic and the discussion in the boozer before the game had me slagging Gray off and one or two telling me that he's class. Well class he may be but it usually involves jumping for headers, holding defenders off without falling over and claiming free kicks all the time and generally putting yourself about. Gray offered nothing again, he is a lazy twat and should be hammered for it.

Anyway, I digress. Culip is awful and the sad thing is that that's it. That's our "big" signing. We'll have it thrown at us time and time again when we challenge the ambition of the club, "Ah but we spent money onCulip" A terrible signing and a waste of money. Sometimes I really do wonder how we've managed to stay in business since 1889.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
They should think themselves lucky they can invest in a "big signing". If they think he's shite then they don't deserve to have him. Tell me, what have their results been in the games he's played? Top review for the first guy. Takes a big man to admit you were beaten.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
They must have very short memories of Cullip considering that he scored for them against Premiership opposition last week.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
The predictions thread on that site is quite funny. A lot of them thought they would get 5 past us!:lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
eastlondonseagull said:
Nice little honest report from Handsworthblade :clap:

"First of all excuse the spelling if any mistakes was up at work at 5am then drinking very strong beer before and after the game.

First point today the better team won lets all hold our hands up it does happen and i can praise another team for it, along with wigan and wolves they were good and i was suprised how they raised there game after a big un at spurs last week....... i posted on the pre-match predictions post it would be very close and my 1-0 blades home win right dan shit alley but i did say how well brighton had done this year but what made me howl was the 4-0 and 5-1 blades predictions iam sorry lads in todays age where all teams in this league can beat anyone it doesnt happen it really doesnt...........i can tell you every week whos gunna provide at bramall lane an open game and only ipswich crewe cardiff wigan and very possibly rotherham will attack us and create a good game the rest are here for the point.........alot of the boo sqaud werent at the villa game were out today and moan like f*** it gets my back up they seriously do not understand football brighton today lead so well by leon knight a player id definatley sign on that form lead the line so well he was class he held the ball up ever so well and anyone who doesnt travel away well the blades play like brighton today ???? very stubborn and hard hitting on the break........ we dont need to spend 500k on a striker it dont win cups or medals a striker like knight would cost less and fit perfect into our style, we paid 50k for danny caddy the cost means bugger all.......

lastly as an honest football fan well seasoned id like to praise the 1400 brighton fans today superb absolute qaulity, that team gets 6000 at home games yet takes at least a third to away games each away game even night games, i always praise pompey support from my travels but brighton are right up there with the best...... ive done the old goldstone ground a few times and the withdean 3 times including a friendly friday night game these fans have been to hell and back losing there ground to a focus superstore then put in a delapidated athlectic stadium they hate and now fighting like mad for a new stadium at falmer on the outskirts of brighton, not once have they turned there back on there club they have put there own money in to keep it running and i bow to them....... i sent money to brighton wrexham and airdrie during crises as i have time for every club who belong to there community and fighting the big wigs who wanna develop there history..........

today wee lost and i belive the best team won iam gutted but iam honest, next week we may win at sunderland lets keep it real....."

I think I know this bloke. Can't remember his name, but if it's the same fella, he bid (bur lost) right up to the last minute on the Billy Bragg shirt. His final bid was £250.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here