Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From BBC: Trio Close to New Deals!!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Bad journalism in my opinion, at no point in the interview does Gus say that they are any closer to deals as he has said before. The title is a bit misleading.

Just what I was thinking. Unless the author knows a bit more detail than he can let on I'm wouldn't take "We'll have individual situations resolved in the next few weeks" as a sign they are about to sign on the dotted line. Gus makes me nervous too with his comments! Also with the WBA rumour floating about, Dicker is unlikely to want to commit yet is he?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im sure MENDOZA is already on the case re T Shirts!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
correction ... TWO will be key players next season. Am l the only person on this site who doesnt think Dicker could hack it in the Championship?.

Considering his superb performances against Watford and Pompey....possibly.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Admiitedly Gary Dicker knows how to pick a pass, but knowing how to, and consistently doing it are, in my humble opinion two different things. He can be quality goiing forward, but too often defensively he struggles. For a big man he gets knocked off the ball too easily at times too.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
firstly dicker is not a 'big man'. mark mccammon was a big man. secondly he is rarely knocked off the ball, his strength when shielding the ball is superb, possibly the best at the club after murray. thirdly he picks his passes EVERY time he plays, and picks them well. the guy is absolutely quality and will shine next year in the championship.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hats off to SALDE for signing him!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
firstly dicker is not a 'big man'. mark mccammon was a big man. secondly he is rarely knocked off the ball, his strength when shielding the ball is superb, possibly the best at the club after murray. thirdly he picks his passes EVERY time he plays, and picks them well. the guy is absolutely quality and will shine next year in the championship.

Of course Mark McCammon was bigger, he was a centre-forward & a target man, l would honestly prefer to see Matt Sparrow starting games rather than Gary Dicker, stronger, more of a box to box player, and scores more goals, (important at this stage of the season).

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
correction ... TWO will be key players next season. Am l the only person on this site who doesnt think Dicker could hack it in the Championship?.

I don't think Dicker would be a star in the Championship, but wouldn't go as far to say he wouldn't be able to hack it.

I don't think the Pompey and Watford are very good tests for his ability either, one was against 10 men for 80 minutes odd and the other against a reserve midfield

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here