Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From a Palace Fan: Your Bonkers (and V Insecure) Obsession With Our Attendances

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Do piss off.

Do you not see the irony in moaning about our obsession with you, on our board, in a monologue which, if I could be bothered to read it, is no doubt very, very boring?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Your insecure obsession with coming on our board is weird in itself.

Not so remarkable by the way when you fund your 'success' by shafting the taxpayer, and others.

Get lost, troll, you are not welcome.
Nice one, valid and pertinent point well made.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Pointless threads like this do nothing for The Big Board. It's off to the Other Stuff, to fade away and die quietly...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Have another look into this one.

I'm going by the population that comes under the unitary authority of the City of Brighton and Hove (Brighton and Hove doesn't have nearly 500,000 residents as claimed in the first post). The Palace twat used the urban population which includes Worthing and Littlehampton. My points still stand.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
My opinion is that the novelty of our crowds dwarfing theirs (after 20 years of it being the other way round) wore off months ago.

That said, every time they accuse us of plastic support, I'm always pleased I managed to dig out that fine statistic that shows their support plummeting from 51,700 to 4,005 in less than five seasons in the 80s. So I won't put up with that sort of hypocrisy from them, any more than they should put up with attendance smack talk from us.

There is no call for this sort of sensible talk on NSC please mate.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Your relentless analysis of our crowds is hilarious. And a bit weird.

Brighton and Hove has a population of 460,000. And you are the only team in the area. With that sort of catchment area why the continued reference to the fact that your gates are so good? My Christ you should have been selling out your various grounds in every game you have ever played in since you were formed!

But apparently that hasn’t always been in the case.

South London on the other hand has 3 Championship teams fighting over a much smaller catchment area; and that’s not even taking into account the Premier League London clubs that most kids from the identity-crisis hit town that is Croydon seem to follow.

So obviously we will not get the gates that a club sitting amongst close to half a million inhabitants does.

Why is that so difficult for some of your supporters to grasp? Do some of you not get utterly thredders with this bizarre way of trying to get one up over Palace?

As to who the biggest club is and that sort of nonsense; well it’s a stupid argument to have. Leeds are a massive club with a great history, big ground and fantastic fan base but where have they been in recent years?

It has been quite remarkable that a cub the size of Crystal Palace has been able to consistently remain in the second tier of English football with a few promotions thrown in as-well. We even reached an FA Cup Final! And all that with average crowds of between 14-15k in a ramschackle old stadium when we’ve been in Div 1 / the Championship.

I am led to believe however that your club, which can generate consistent gates of 26k in the Championship, has not been able to manage anything approaching that level of performance. Even with your smaller grounds, you should have been packing them out and generating enough revenue through merchandising etc to have pushed on far sooner than you have.

Strange fellows you lot.

You make some fair ponts there. However, to stick every supporter in the same boat is not reasonable. I enjoy a good rivallry and it makes for great atmosphere at the game. What I cannot stand is the cretins that turn it into something it should not be. Some at CPFC and some at BHA are morons in the extreme. I hope we give you a good pasting on Saturday so that we have the bragging rights but I for one will not turning all neanderthal about it if we win or lose.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think you are wrong in many ways.

1. You are on the wrong board.
2. According to the city website and from the 2011 census the population is in fact :- All people (2011) 273,400
3. You support the wrong team :tosser:

centurion40

Sep 8, 2012
Bloody hell can you get internet access in caravans now ???

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

Brighton and Hove has a population of 460,000. And you are the only team in the area. With that sort of catchment area why the continued reference to the fact that your gates are so good? My Christ you should have been selling out your various grounds in every game you have ever played in since you were formed!

South London on the other hand has 3 Championship teams fighting over a much smaller catchment area; and that’s not even taking into account the Premier League London clubs that most kids from the identity-crisis hit town that is Croydon seem to follow.

So obviously we will not get the gates that a club sitting amongst close to half a million inhabitants does.

Why is that so difficult for some of your supporters to grasp? Do some of you not get utterly thredders with this bizarre way of trying to get one up over Palace?

As to who the biggest club is and that sort of nonsense; well it’s a stupid argument to have. Leeds are a massive club with a great history, big ground and fantastic fan base but where have they been in recent years?

It has been quite remarkable that a cub the size of Crystal Palace has been able to consistently remain in the second tier of English football with a few promotions thrown in as-well. We even reached an FA Cup Final! And all that with average crowds of between 14-15k in a ramschackle old stadium when we’ve been in Div 1 / the Championship.

I am led to believe however that your club, which can generate consistent gates of 26k in the Championship, has not been able to manage anything approaching that level of performance. Even with your smaller grounds, you should have been packing them out and generating enough revenue through merchandising etc to have pushed on far sooner than you have.

Strange fellows you lot.
Could be...but at least we know the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE....BACK TO SCHOOL AFTER THE HOLIDAYS ARE YOU!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Could be...but at least we know the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE....BACK TO SCHOOL AFTER THE HOLIDAYS ARE YOU!

Was that a statement or a question?

If it was a question then it should have had a ? instead of a !

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Fairly obvious that you don't..guess you are back at school now too?

How is school seagull? Closed for the snow? Make sure you keep up with your English lessons while you at off, never know you may learn to spell and the difference between your and you're, hear and here, there, their and they're...but then again maybe not.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
A friend of mine is unfortunately a palarse fan. He is always banging on that Brighton aren't even considered as rivals to them. Yet, he always seems to know facts and stats about our club to try and put us down....

Strange lot those crystal chavs

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham

Strange fellows you lot.

Spellings not bad and some big words too did you get an adult to write it for you. One mistake though cant spell your own clubs name correctly (Crystal Palarse)

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Spellings not bad and some big words too did you get an adult to write it for you. One mistake though cant spell your own clubs name correctly (Crystal Palarse)

Considering the standard of spelling on here by Brighton fans, you've got some nerve..check out the main board for plenty of primary school standard spelling, see Shirley instead of surely, see are instead of our. Palarse..haha that's original coming from a seaweed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here