Votes: 9 12.7%
  • sunderland/other

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • aberdeen

Votes: 27 38.0%

• Total voters

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Quite. It absolutely amazes me 2,000+ people have turned up to Worthing for the first friendly in recent years. I've only ever been to the very occasional one but they have been, without exception, totally tedious. It's nothing against the albion, it's just that non-competitive football is a waste of time. Anyone who goes to more than one needs to get a grip of the life in my opinion.

I just see it as something to do other than sitting at home watching tv on weekday nights or going to the beach/town/staying at home on a Saturday.

None, friendlies are absolutely shit no matter which teams are playing. Gus himself says it's a fitness exercise, so why pay money for it?

If only you'd read the whole interview...

Gus Poyet: "Slowly we have to progress in many areas to get to Portugal in a situation where we can pay plenty of attention to the games themselves."

I'm going to the Sunderland game which will be laugh CENTRAL whatever happens, and maybe Aberdeen if it's CHEAP.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i sahll try to get to a couple. Why not ?
Its a chance to see a few new faces in an Albion shirt after all.

For those of us not lucky enough to go to many game these are one of the few chances i get.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
None, friendlies are absolutely shit no matter which teams are playing. Gus himself says it's a fitness exercise, so why pay money for it?

Maybe some people just enjoy watching football? It doesn't matter to me whether it's a friendly or a competative game, I enjoy watching Brighton play and as a result I will be going to some of the games, just as I do throughout the season.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Tempted to try and make it for the Whitehawk one if I can, as it is nearby to me. But as usual I will probably end up going to grand total of ZERO.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Quite. It absolutely amazes me 2,000+ people have turned up to Worthing for the first friendly in recent years. I've only ever been to the very occasional one but they have been, without exception, totally tedious. It's nothing against the albion, it's just that non-competitive football is a waste of time. Anyone who goes to more than one needs to get a grip of the life in my opinion.

A SWEEPING over-generalisation, as per usual.

I like the friendlies. It gives people a chance to see the players close-up and get some impression of how the team is going to be set up and it's always good to see any new signings in action.

I'll be at the Bognor and Aberdeen games

I like the friendlies. It gives people a chance to see the players close-up and get some impression of how the team is going to be set up and it's always good to see any new signings in action.

PreCISELY. Also, they're usually on HOT summer's afternoons or BALMY summer's evenings and you can have a PINT pitch-side.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Burgess Hill , Whitehawk, Eastbourne , Aberdeen for me

poor show this year - normally I miss one or two , this year three ! :badfan:

EDIT - Whitehawk - Friendly @ Worthing AND Roy Haton Trophy @ Lancing

Last edited:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Just Aberdeen.
Quite enjoy spending saturdays doing different things while the footballs not on, beach or going out etc. Cant be bothered wasting time at places like Bognor for a friendly.

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
The two games in Portugal and possibly Aberdeen.

I wonder how many will make the trip to Portugal? it's going to be a quality week!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here