FRIEND: FT Worthing 0-3 Brighton

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
any news on scorers

im too lazy to click the link and check

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Nothing apart from the results. But if you were to click the link you'd see these other fascinating friendly results:

FRIEND: FT Worthing 0-3 Brighton

FRIEND: FT Bath 0-6 Reading XI

FRIEND: FT Stalybridge 0-5 Oldham

FRIEND: FT Forfar 1-4 St Johnstone

FRIEND: FT Tamworth 1-5 Wolverhampton

FRIEND: FT Radcliffe Borough 4-1 Bury

FRIEND: FT Frickley 0-2 Barnsley

FRIEND: FT Elgin 1-0 Partick

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
At last,real football. That was the longest fortnight of my life.:drink:

Our BRILLIANT away form continues...........:jester:

poke

Oct 19, 2003
i know the first two were knight not sure bout 3rd

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
So no-one playing in the first 3 games of the season managed to score against Worthing?

We're alright though, we don't need any new players! ??? :lolol:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Could'nt make tonights game due to work commitments.

What did the three new trialists look like ? I hope they all got 90mins under they're belts with only just over 3 weeks to go I'm getting worried. According to the earlier posts none of the new guys scored - is that right ????

Turgid

Dec 5, 2003
Wadhurst
Whatever the score I will not be happy. The fact that we have won promotion (again) is simply not good enough. Can people not see - we are being taken for a ride and we should complain at every opportunity. Friendlies are no good - they tell us nothing. We cannot expect to succeed when we can only beat non league teams 3-0. And why was Knight allowed to score? This just goes to show what we have always known - he is a selfish player! Others need the chance to score, particularly as he will not be available at the start of the season.

This is just not acceptable. The only way in which this club will be able to convince me that they are moving forward is if we get into the Premiership at the first attempt - then achieve a top six finish.

Even if they do this they would have to improve on the catering....

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
Turgid said:
Whatever the score I will not be happy. The fact that we have won promotion (again) is simply not good enough. Can people not see - we are being taken for a ride and we should complain at every opportunity. Friendlies are no good - they tell us nothing. We cannot expect to succeed when we can only beat non league teams 3-0. And why was Knight allowed to score? This just goes to show what we have always known - he is a selfish player! Others need the chance to score, particularly as he will not be available at the start of the season.

This is just not acceptable. The only way in which this club will be able to convince me that they are moving forward is if we get into the Premiership at the first attempt - then achieve a top six finish.

Even if they do this they would have to improve on the catering....
Oh dear. NSC doesn't do irony ;)

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
the score is doesn't matter turgid! wat matters is the players getting match fitness and back into the old routine

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Why havent the trialists got international clearance yet ????

They've been at the club a fortnight ?

The words Piss Up and Brewery spring to mind.

Will they play on Friday or Saturday - the club needs to know whether they are worth taking on.

Knowing our luck Reading will sign all 3 the night before the first match !

A fairly solid display with goals in each half by Knight plus an own goal near the end. Worrying, but maybe not surprising, I thought Worthings midfield looked the stronger in the first half. I'd like to think our central midfield at Reading won't consist of David Lee and Danny Harding. :eek: Kuipers and Roberts played a half each with FDM making a couple of useful saves in the first half. Both Robinson and Knight looked lively throughout with Nathan Jones getting plenty of space down the left. Worthing were far from outplayed, the score slightly flattered the Albion, Knights second being due to a blunder by Packham, plus the own goal near the end.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wouldn't read anything into this, it will be alright on the night (as they say)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here