Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fridays Euromillion Lottery

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
surrey jim said:
I know im probabaly gone be slated for this but i wound not give any money (as a lottery winner or not) to a large charity no matter what they did. A number of years ago i went to the NCH headquaters in london, a massive building next to highbury, the car park was full of BMW's Merc's etc. i found out after many of the project managers have company cars, exectutives are on 6 figure sallaries, in my opinion when giving to a charity i would like the money to go to the needy rather than a new tyre on a car.

I feel the same way.

If I won £125m, I'd probably set up my own charity (I'd need to do something!) and channel some of my new found wealth directly where it's needed, rather than give to another charity. Or maybe setup a new Cancer Lab or something.

I would also give some money to BHAFC, without a doubt! I'd pay off all the debts, buy a bloody roof for Withdean !!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
surrey jim said:
I know im probabaly gone be slated for this but i wound not give any money (as a lottery winner or not) to a large charity no matter what they did. A number of years ago i went to the NCH headquaters in london, a massive building next to highbury, the car park was full of BMW's Merc's etc. i found out after many of the project managers have company cars, exectutives are on 6 figure sallaries, in my opinion when giving to a charity i would like the money to go to the needy rather than a new tyre on a car.

I bit short sighted there IMHO.

How would you run a charity? They are dealing with very large sums of money and also have to negotiate with supliers etc. If they are going to be run effectively they need some smart people at the top. WHy should they work for free? You pay peanuts and you get monkeys. If they offered low salaries and no benefits it would end up not being run at all or at the least they would only get drop outs working for them for that money. In the end the people who need the money as you put it would lose out.

Personally I'd just keep the money as I'm a tight bastard. By me spending it I'm driving the the economy and we all benefit :thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
£125 Million. It's probably too much.

I'd love to invest a few million of it in the Albion (and I probably would) but to be honest we all know that after the original gratitude of fellow fans, the initial "feel good" factor will subside and the lottery winner will be slagged off by certain members of NSC when results go against us!

"When is (insert Lottery winners name here) going to pump more money into the club, the tight wad!" (or words to that affect) will be the cry.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
GMTV this morning had the couple from Worthing who won £8.5m the other week. I was dying for them to say "...and we're going to give some to our local team, Brighton and Hove Albion."

But they didn't.

"Some cars. Ooh, and a holiday" was about as imaginative as they got.

Truly pointless interview.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Adriodinho said:
These luck draws piss me off. you waste the money for getting nothing.

It is better spending 1 quid on a 6 team accumulator and win about £90 a time

Bloody lincoln made me lose out on 200:angry:

I know two people who have both won the jackpot, a friend's housemate got 1/3rd share of a £6m jackpot and my aunties neighbor won £13m a few years back

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
It's not £125 million. It's only £100 million according to the website. Might leave it for another couple of weeks.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
What to do with £100m?!?!

Money to BHA, Lewes and Eastbourne. Possibly some to Crawley, but I'll have to have a think about that one. Big house, flash car and 7 russian brides. I've still got 50m left to invest and live off.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Withnail said:
It's not £125 million. It's only £100 million according to the website. Might leave it for another couple of weeks.

I take your point. Imagine how GUTTED you'd be if all your numbers came up, then you found out it was only £100m.:angry:

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
You'd want your pound back. Lost more down the back of the sofa.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Woodchip said:
What to do with £100m?!?!

Money to BHA, Lewes and Eastbourne. Possibly some to Crawley, but I'll have to have a think about that one. Big house, flash car and 7 russian brides. I've still got 50m left to invest and live off.

Don't tell me. The brides would be called..

MonSki
TueSki
WedSki

:)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If I were to win the £100m, I would keep it quiet. I wouldn't want the responsiblity of running Brighton, so would hope to become a 'silent' investor. Prop up the club and make sure that we do not run at a loss and are not forced to sell off the crown jewels.

I wouldn't want to buy a whole new team! I am happy with the young guns and would not want to push them out. A few additions here and there......I would buy a unit in Churchill square and sell the club a 999 year lease for a peppercorn amount. Etc. etc.

I would try and turn the money into more and perhaps start up some charity foundations etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here