Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fridays Debate: Is it right to punch a woman?

Is it right to punch a woman?

• Yes if the circumstances are justified

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • I'll sit on the fence as I usually do when decent debate threads appear

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • No even if it is justified you should never hit a woman

Votes: 41 63.1%

• Total voters

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
CrabtreeBHA said:
I have never hit a woman or intend on doing so! Its just a decent debate that I may take into the pub* with me tonight and wanted a broader view on the subject matter :)

*unless of course theres women there in which case I shall be chatting them up instead ;)
It's not a decent debate at all. It's a load of bollocks.

And quite frankly i'm disturbed at the amount of people that have said they WOULD hit a woman.

"What if a woman walked up to you in the street and hit you for no reason?"

Yeah, that's always happening isn't it!?!?

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Repugnant Toad said:
Doesn't it undermine a woman's desire for equality to fall back onto the arguement that no man she may attack can fight her off, just because she is of the feminine gender?

*again, wholly hypothetical*
Fighting someone off is different to hitting.

It's your right to use reasonable force if you're being attacked, I wouldn't say hitting a woman as you might a man is reasonable force.

I'm smaller than most people, even most women, and yet there is no way i would hit out at a woman. Partly because i know how much damage it would do and partly i'm just obviously old fashioned compared to some on here.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
if some women i didnt know just decided to lash out at me, then i would try to think of some quick witty verbal abuse, to embarrass her as i walked off.

like. you punch like a girl. :dunce:

end up making more of a fool of myself than before.:blush:

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
I see the victims of domestic violnence on a pretty much daily basis. So know hitting women is not on! :nono:

scream shout storm off down the pub....but lashing out is bad news!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Personally I think it depends on the situation. If some girl comes at me with a nknife then yeah I would punch her if it meant avoiding serious injury. Tjhat is not saying I would beat shit out of but purely acting for my own safety. I hear quite a lot of domestic violence cases about women constantly beating up their partners so it is not just ione sided. I do not condone any sort of violence apart from Ice Hockey :lolol: but to say I would not hit someone because they were female would be a lie. It purely depends on whether there is no other choice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here