Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fridays Debate: Is it right to punch a woman?

Is it right to punch a woman?

• Yes if the circumstances are justified

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • I'll sit on the fence as I usually do when decent debate threads appear

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • No even if it is justified you should never hit a woman

Votes: 41 63.1%

• Total voters

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fridays Debate: Is it right to punch a woman?

Safeway said:
Yes exactly, and isn't this a discussion forum? (albeit a not particularly sensible one most of the time)

By threatening to delete this thread you are not only abusing your power by getting rid of it because you don't like it and because you can, but you are also denying people the chance of entering into the "sensible debate" that you regard so highly.

I'm not deliberately being argumentative, just making a point. :)
You might as well see the PM I sent to Crabtree (in response to his to me):-

I've responded on the thread.

My general view is that almost nothing should ever be deleted from NSC. Finger happy moderating is like physical violence. Best avoided.

The thread is still here, innit?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Don't delete the thread.

It is a valid point. I think some people are avoiding the question here. It is quite feasible that a man finds himself in a situation where he is being attacked by a girl(s). It has happened to me before.

It is a difficult one. No one deserves to be hit by anyone. Why should a man get "beaten up" just because it is less acceptable to hit a woman.

It is not acceptablt to hit anyone. But it is not acceptable to be hit by anyone - male or female.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Doesn't it undermine a woman's desire for equality to fall back onto the arguement that no man she may attack can fight her off, just because she is of the feminine gender?

*again, wholly hypothetical*

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
Doesn't it undermine a woman's desire for equality to fall back onto the arguement that no man she may attack can fight her off, just because she is of the feminine gender?

*again, wholly hypothetical*

exactly! we have been brought up to respect women and not strike at them no matter what.
But in 200 years time will society still see it this way? Will they not treat women and men as pure equals unlike we do now?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
El Presidente said:
Only arseholes, cowards and bullies would ever strike a woman. Men are physically stronger, and no matter how much she laughs at your small willy Crabbers there is no excuse for slapping her.

Spot on EP

Digmut

Jul 14, 2003
Ashford Kent
I once had a brief encounter with a chavvie scum estate bird who called me a wimp for not using my fists, according to her I wasnt a real man:ohmy:

CrabtreeBHA said:
we have been brought up to respect women and not strike at them no matter what.
Have we?

I remember a conversation with my grandmother.

"Your grandfather was a good man", she said. "He never once hit me".

I think her expectations (based on being brought up on Tyneside) were quite different.

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
What makes it ok to hit a man then?

a valid point its just accepted that meat heads can pick on smaller weaker men because people wont condem them but they will if you hit a woman.

May be to defend your self i might strike out if an unknow big woman attack me but not in the home etc its no the thing

but crabtree great thread dont remove this thread its giving good views

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
lincs seagull said:
but crabtree great thread dont remove this thread its giving good views

I'll think of another for next friday!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Never hit a woman before,but he some woman rearly do push ya to the limit and i can see why they git hit as they presume it can't happen.:smokin:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
How many of you disagree with any kind of violence, especially towards women, but have slapped a child though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here