Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday Rant: Littering

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Soton Seagull said:
People who drop cigarettes when walking along the road don't seem to associate this with litter. It still has to be picked up by others, not only do they force us to inhale their smoke, they cover the whole blody country in ash & fagbutts. Gits!

As a smoker myself, I have to agree with you. Well, so much the 'gits' bit, but certainly the general point you're making.

I'd be lying to say I'd never done that myself, but something clicked recently - I think it was reading about someone getting fined for chucking away a match - and I am always looking for those ash-tray metal boxes, but there aren't any.

And I suppose no one is going to incur the cost of putting hundreds of the things on walls when most cities will probably soon be banning it altogether. You can't chuck butts in normal paper bins or you risk starting a fire.

Maybe it is time to give up after all.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
:clap:
Good effort though Brovian.
If only you could have been like a T1000 made of LIQUID METAL. You could have picked up the discarded coke can, then ran after their Chavmobile, dived onto the back and made your hands into big sharp impalers which you RAM into the boot and roof to clamber up onto the fleeing vehicle. Then you melt the coke can into your FIST so that it's got the swirly red logo in it, you then make your forearm into a giant Coca Cola MACHETE, and you HACK them all to bits - they see their own BLOOD running with the Coke cans colours. That would be so cool.

And yes, I have been down the pub at lunchtime.

Oooh don't think I haven't wanted to be like that. There would be quite a few people around with big holes in them if I were.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Barnet Seagull said:
I didn't realise you were 6ft 2.
I probably look short to you because you're like about 8 feet tall!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
One thing that astonishes me are smokers in pubs that flick their ash on the carpet and stub the fag out on the carpet aswell.

I hate to think what their own houses are like.:angry:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Saint Lennard said:
and people who let their dogs Martin Perry in the middle of the pavement instead of in the gutter or even worse next to a "perry" bin.

The CE a richard the third?:lolol:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
pasty said:
Couldn't help myself - I went over to her and asked her why she'd dropped it when a bin was so near, and all I got for my trouble was a volley of verbal abuse including several uses of the words f*** and off.

Well, what you do is make a pre-emptive strike, by asking them "Oi, what the f***ing hell do you think you doing you daft f***ing ****? There's a f***ing bin right next to you, you f***ing simpleton!"

Then I find any swears they come back with are innefective,

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
bhafc4eva said:
Live and let live!???

Its that kind of apathy that is making the world the way it is.
Why shouldnt Pasty have challenged the girl.
More people should be doing it on more issues other than just litter.

We do not have to just 'accept' things because the fuckin PC World we live in says we should.

Last edited:

The History Man

Aug 16, 2003
Brighton
It's great to know that so many Albion fans are appalled by litter.

It's a great shame that so few of them volunteer for the post-match litter patrols at Withdean.

If you want to volunteer, and it only takes about 20 minutes, see Paul Whelch by the mobile shop after matches or email him pwhelch@talk21.com

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The History Man said:

It's a great shame that so few of them volunteer for the post-match litter patrols at Withdean.

If you want to volunteer, and it only takes about 20 minutes, see Paul Whelch by the mobile shop after matches or email him pwhelch@talk21.com

:blush: :blush:

Does this still give Withdean Wombles priority on over-subscribed away matches?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I had a moan at someone for dropping litter once, he said it made work for people who would otherwise be unemployed. I was gobsmacked.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Brovian said:
I'm with you Pasty, I hate litter. I made a stand about this time last year when somebody threw a Coke can out of a car window whilst they were waiting at traffic lights. I picked it up and chucked it back in.

Ned did something similar when he rode a motorbike. He came up at some traffic lights and the bloke threw a lighted fag end into his lap (luckily he was wearing leathers)
He picked it up and threw it back in the window and drove off as the lights were changing.

Hopefully the bloke got burnt trousers. :lol:

When my kids were little I used to stuff their sweet papers back into my pockets to empty into a bin at home if we couldn't find a litter bin.

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
The History Man said:

Agree in principle as I share an equal distaste/pathalogical hatred for people who drop litter BUT if those of us that care about the problem act as slaves to those that don't then their behaviour will never change as they will carry on polluting the planet and we'll carry on cleaning up after them. It raises my blood pressure whenever I walk across a park at the end of a summer day to be confronted with the leftovers from people's picnics. YOU BROUGHT IT ALL IN A BAG SO TAKE IT ALL AWAY IN THE SAME BAG YOU IGNORANT WANKERS!!!

As for the "live and let live" poster, are we to assume that you live at the rubbish tip?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here