Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday Rant: Littering

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Waiting for my bus home last night on the London road by Sainsburys, I saw a youngish female (early teens) eating a chocolate bar. When she'd finished she just dropped the wrapper on the floor despite standing no more than 2 feet from a bin.

Couldn't help myself - I went over to her and asked her why she'd dropped it when a bin was so near, and all I got for my trouble was a volley of verbal abuse including several uses of the words f*** and off.

I can't stand littering. Personally I always try to put my litter into a bin, even to the point of if there isn't one nearby, I'll take it home with me. The streets around London road are appalling and look disgustingly dirty.

Come on peeps........Keep Britain Tidy (or at least Brighton)

** rant mode off **

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why are MacDonald's car parks full of litter - because of the lazy :tosser: motorists who can be bothered to get out of their car when they have finished eating and throw it away in the bins a few yards away

Drivers who throw out cigarettes/sweet wrappers etc when they are driving also piss me off

People who drop cigarettes when walking along the road don't seem to associate this with litter. It still has to be picked up by others, not only do they force us to inhale their smoke, they cover the whole blody country in ash & fagbutts. Gits!

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Soton Seagull said:
People who drop cigarettes when walking along the road don't seem to associate this with litter. It still has to be picked up by others, not only do they force us to inhale their smoke, they cover the whole blody country in ash & fagbutts. Gits!

Must admit, when I used to smoke (4 weeks ago now), I used to do that, but always felt kind of guilty. Still, no choice unless ashtrays appear on the streets.

pasty said:
Must admit, when I used to smoke (4 weeks ago now), I used to do that, but always felt kind of guilty. Still, no choice unless ashtrays appear on the streets.

Stub them out on your hand and take them home with you!

Not only will you help the environment, but you'll get sympathy from everyone who'll think you're a victim of torture.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I detest drivers who chuck their fags out of the window - where do they think they go? Is there an invisible bin outside their window? It's just too easy for them to drop it and not give a shit. Wankers.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
oohh yeah chewing gum pees me off. orrible stuff. i remember when i went to singapore and its banned. lovely clean pavements

i always find a bin or take it home, or leave it in the car never ever throw stuff out the windows if everyone did their bit think how clean places would be

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm with you Pasty, I hate litter. I made a stand about this time last year when somebody threw a Coke can out of a car window whilst they were waiting at traffic lights. I picked it up and chucked it back in.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Brovian said:
I'm with you Pasty, I hate litter. I made a stand about this time last year when somebody threw a Coke can out of a car window whilst they were waiting at traffic lights. I picked it up and chucked it back in.

:lolol: :clap: :lolol: :clap:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Brovian said:

then what happened? sounds exciting to me for some reason!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Brovian said:

I did exactly that to a taxi driver who threw a fag packet out of his window in Baker Street many many years ago.

The **** just lobbed it back out again. :angry:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
pasty said:
Waiting for my bus home last night on the London road by Sainsburys, I saw a youngish female (early teens) eating a chocolate bar. When she'd finished she just dropped the wrapper on the floor despite standing no more than 2 feet from a bin.

Couldn't help myself - I went over to her and asked her why she'd dropped it when a bin was so near, and all I got for my trouble was a volley of verbal abuse including several uses of the words f*** and off.

In London a few months ago, some poor old bloke was beaten to death by a group of teenagers for telling them to stop littering at a bus-stop.

What a f*cking nightmare some people in this country are. I'd vote for enforced abortion for some 'parents' if I could.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
then what happened? sounds exciting to me for some reason!
Well it was one of those cars that was vibrating to very loud music and there there were three of them ..... but fortunately they were weedy teenagers and I'm 6ft 2ins, fat, with a broken nose so I didn't feel in any physical danger. I glared at them, but none of us said anything. Then the lights changed and they roared off, and, like Sully's story, sadly they threw it out again! Only once they were about 100 yards away though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Brovian said:
Well it was one of those cars that was vibrating to very loud music and there there were three of them ..... but fortunately they were weedy teenagers and I'm 6ft 2ins, fat, with a broken nose so I didn't feel in any physical danger. I glared at them, but none of us said anything. Then the lights changed and they roared off, and, like Sully's story, sadly they threw it out again! Only once they were about 100 yards away though.
:clap:
Good effort though Brovian.
If only you could have been like a T1000 made of LIQUID METAL. You could have picked up the discarded coke can, then ran after their Chavmobile, dived onto the back and made your hands into big sharp impalers which you RAM into the boot and roof to clamber up onto the fleeing vehicle. Then you melt the coke can into your FIST so that it's got the swirly red logo in it, you then make your forearm into a giant Coca Cola MACHETE, and you HACK them all to bits - they see their own BLOOD running with the Coke cans colours. That would be so cool.

And yes, I have been down the pub at lunchtime.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
pasty said:

I can't stand littering. Personally I always try to put my litter into a bin, even to the point of if there isn't one nearby, I'll take it home with me. The streets around London road are appalling and look disgustingly dirty.

Come on peeps........Keep Britain Tidy (or at least Brighton)

** rant mode off **

Did you see that programme on BBC1 a while back about the new litter police in some northern town. They were just walking around handing ou £50 fines to people dropping litter. One guy had an absolute fit because they charged him for dropping a fag butt. It was hilarious.
I'm with you by the way. I'll hold on to my rubbish until I get to the next bin and if thats at home then so be it.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
and people who let their dogs Martin Perry in the middle of the pavement instead of in the gutter or even worse next to a "perry" bin.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Saint Lennard said:
and people who let their dogs Martin Perry in the middle of the pavement instead of in the gutter or even worse next to a "perry" bin.
???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here