Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday morning and Im finally feeling OK

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Jonathan Wilson strikes a chord in that article, a chord lost on so many, I'm afraid, and certainly puts playground behaviour (we beat you gaylords 3-1, nyah, nyah, nyah - aren't we great? etc) into context.

I've read 'Inverting the Pyramid', an excellent read. I've just been given 'The Anatomy of England' by Wilson as a present. Looking forward to it immensely.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As they say , SHIT HAPPENS , we get over it eventually.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
All I can say is roll on 31st Jan, I can't wait for revenge and my hatred of them is at an all time high. Forget all this "they're nice blokes really" nonsense (as some will say no doubt), they're vermin, the ones I saw outside the ground are vermin and the ones I saw in town are vermin. Shit, I'm pissed off again now thinking about it.

Better get back into your comic, Billy-boy. The pix I saw it was the Albion fans throwing the botles on Queen Street before the game. Were you one?

If so don't bother to inflict yourself on Selhurst in January.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Well it was a disappointing result and unfortunately they've won the temporary bragging rights but we're only half way through there's still the return game to go, And if there's one game I think Gus will have the team fired up for that will be the one. I was angry after the game but thinking back although we were poor I really dont think they were much either and if it was'nt for our 11 minute collapse at the end I think they would've struggled to get a result, In fact by the time we gifted them an equaliser most of they're fans must have been doubting they were going to get anything from the game as well. Ah well onwards and upwards.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Despite having 'been there' when the rivalry was at its peak I don't share the same dislike of Palace that the rest of you do (I consider it irrational and almost artificially maintained, but I know I'm in a tiny minority) and I'm more upset that we lost at home to a team I consider to be the sort of sides against which we should at least be grinding out bread-and-butter home wins, even if we can't expect to play them off the park every week. If we bounce back at Ipswich then I'll be fine, Tuesday was just a blip. If we have another defeat, well, I'll worry a bit about the immediate future. Not too much, it will only be four league games without a win which isn't the end of the world, but I want the feel-good factor back.

(And having read that article I do feel a certain sense of disloyalty to my Dad who was a Palace fan and first took me to football; he was a Thornton Heath boy and Palace were his team. Probably a good thing he's not still alive though or he'd be giving me hell!)

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Palace..... Im over it...... Just

Those South London wannabe's have had there little moment. We lost to an average team whilst performing like a Sunday League team our self. Although defeat leave's a bitter taste in my mouth we have to remember that this was their cup Final. It was as big as it gets for them. Where as to us it was just a Derby game with little relevance ??? At the end of the day we are superior to the Pikey's in every way. Better Owner, better manager, better ground, better player's (bar 2nd half Tuesday)and a better city. We have still beat them more times than they have beat us, we are still 4 points ahead of them and 2 point's off top. Even their chairman said "We need to be more like Brighton". As much as the incest loving, snotty nosed, spotty, hoody wearing chavvy pikey cant's big up their team on here, they can not get away from the fact they are just a small team with little relevance from a slum up the M23. Your cup final has been and gone. Our's has only just begun.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Those South London wannabe's have had there little moment. We lost to an average team whilst performing like a Sunday League team our self. Although defeat leave's a bitter taste in my mouth we have to remember that this was their cup Final. It was as big as it gets for them. Where as to us it was just a Derby game with little relevance ??? At the end of the day we are superior to the Pikey's in every way. Better Owner, better manager, better ground, better player's (bar 2nd half Tuesday)and a better city. We have still beat them more times than they have beat us, we are still 4 points ahead of them and 2 point's off top. Even their chairman said "We need to be more like Brighton". As much as the incest loving, snotty nosed, spotty, hoody wearing chavvy pikey cant's big up their team on here, they can not get away from the fact they are just a small team with little relevance from a slum up the M23. Your cup final has been and gone. Our's has only just begun.

Sorry but the majority of that post is utter shite

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
What part's?

"It was as big as it gets for them" - Did you forget we were in L1 last year while they've been in Championship/Premiership for the last god knows how long.

"Where as to us it was just a Derby game with little relevance" - If it was little relevance to you, why has it taken 3 days for you to get over it?

"Better Owner, better manager, better ground, better player's (bar 2nd half Tuesday)and a better city" All pretty subjective and can't really be declared who is the better team until the end of the season. Can never really prove who is a better manager and their owners are doing pretty darn well for them at the moment.

"As much as the incest loving, snotty nosed, spotty, hoody wearing chavvy pikey cant's big up their team on here, they can not get away from the fact they are just a small team with little relevance from a slum up the M23. Your cup final has been and gone" - Childish name calling followed by calling it their cup final when again it has taken you 3 days to get over losing it

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
"It was as big as it gets for them" - Did you forget we were in L1 last year while they've been in Championship/Premiership for the last god knows how long.

"Where as to us it was just a Derby game with little relevance" - If it was little relevance to you, why has it taken 3 days for you to get over it?

"Better Owner, better manager, better ground, better player's (bar 2nd half Tuesday)and a better city" All pretty subjective and can't really be declared who is the better team until the end of the season. Can never really prove who is a better manager and their owners are doing pretty darn well for them at the moment.

"As much as the incest loving, snotty nosed, spotty, hoody wearing chavvy pikey cant's big up their team on here, they can not get away from the fact they are just a small team with little relevance from a slum up the M23. Your cup final has been and gone" - Childish name calling followed by calling it their cup final when again it has taken you 3 days to get over losing it

Get over yourself you wally. They way your defending them make's me wonder a bit about you

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Get over yourself you wally. They way your defending them make's me wonder a bit about you

Just get rather fed up with the arrogance on here by some. Pretending we didn't really care about beating them and how much bigger and better we are. Yes we have the potential to go on to great things, but that's all it is at the moment - potential.

And you haven't answered, if it was their cup final, why's it taken 3 days for you to get over it?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

And the bit about it being little relevance was said in tongue and cheek hence the face. But I agree with everything else i said

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Just get rather fed up with the arrogance on here by some. Pretending we didn't really care about beating them and how much bigger and better we are. Yes we have the potential to go on to great things, but that's all it is at the moment - potential.

And you haven't answered, if it was their cup final, why's it taken 3 days for you to get over it?

Right read it from the start again. Palace....... I'm over it..........Just. Yes it hurt for a few day's. Hence why i wrote that post. Jobsworth's like you are what ruins NSC. Picking at anything you don't agree with, then making an issue about it. A lot of what I wrote was said in tongue and cheek. Someone with a personality might have understood it

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Right read it from the start again. Palace....... I'm over it..........Just. Yes it hurt for a few day's. Hence why i wrote that post. Jobsworth's like you are what ruins NSC. Picking at anything you don't agree with, then making an issue about it. A lot of what I wrote was said in tongue and cheek. Someone with a personality might have understood it

Haha, I just commented I thought most of what you put was shite, you then asked for which parts.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
yeah,just about recovered and looking forward to Ipswich tomorrow,hoping the team buck their ideas up and put in a decent performance.When I got home Tuesday,for the first time EVER! my wife asks me how did the match go and who won,she must have known and was trying to piss me off even more,luckily all the scum supporters I have to work with showed some very rare intelligence and kept their mouths shut.f*** me I can`t remember being so utterly pissed off at a football match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here