Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday morning and Im finally feeling OK

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
F*ck me that was a rough couple of days.

I honestly can't remember being so gutted about a football game/result.

I think all the bloody hype, also on the back of Liverpool and Leeds it all got a bit out of hand. I think its safe to say the Amex honeymoon is over, but I'm alright with that now. Lets just get on with playing some football.

Anyway, its sunny outside and I'm not going to let Tuesday ruin my weekend

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
When you have 3 girlfriends on the go, the mind may be willing but the flesh is, unfortunately, weaker by the 3rd

Martin Lambert

Jun 9, 2010
Mid-Sussex

I think all the bloody hype, also on the back of Liverpool and Leeds it all got a bit out of hand. I think its safe to say the Amex honeymoon is over, but I'm alright with that now. Lets just get on with playing some football.

I'm still hurting...:annoyed: but a point at Ipswich would cheer me up!

yep same here, like in yer signiture I felt like i'd gone the way of the 'double decker bus'

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
That article was superb.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield

Feel exactly the same buddy. I even managed to watch the highlights last night #ffsmurray

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Only just starting to feel OK now.

The cup final replay, playoff defeat v Notts County, and the last relegation from the championship hurt me more, but this is next on the list, followed by the 5-0 at Selhurst.

The only crumb of comfort is that each day brings closer our next victory v the Nigels, and this defeat will make that victory all the sweeter.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Same as, I think it's looking forward to tomorrow that's pulled me out of it.

I've glanced at this place a couple of times but couldn't bring myself to post. Alot of the negative stuff and people turning on the players/each other has been a pretty poor show. I hope we get back to normal soon.

All I can say is roll on 31st Jan, I can't wait for revenge and my hatred of them is at an all time high. Forget all this "they're nice blokes really" nonsense (as some will say no doubt), they're vermin, the ones I saw outside the ground are vermin and the ones I saw in town are vermin. Shit, I'm pissed off again now thinking about it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Still feeling very flat, to be honest. I am however disappointed I cannot go tomorrow, as I think that would help get tuesday out of my system.

Come 3pm tomorrow we have to put it behind us and move on. Until then the melancholy will just linger that little bit longer.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I won't feel ok until we win at their place! It must happen!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm a couple of days ahead of you, recovered by Wednesday morning. I'm still very much on my Amex honeymoon. When Palace beat us at the Withdean, what was left for us to look forward to? We'd already won at their place, and all that remained was a failed relegation struggle on (not in) a shit ground (not stadium). This time we can look forward to every game and another season in the championship next year.

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
I felt a lot better, although not entirely recovered, Thursday morning when I looked at all the results. Not one top 5 Championship team got a win and of the English Champions League sides Arsenal, of all teams, were the only one to manage a win. So I have put the whole week down to some sort of unexplainable supernatural probably never to be repeated phenomenon.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm a couple of days ahead of you, recovered by Wednesday morning. I'm still very much on my Amex honeymoon. When Palace beat us at the Withdean, what was left for us to look forward to? We'd already won at their place, and all that remained was a failed relegation struggle on (not in) a shit ground (not stadium). This time we can look forward to every game and another season in the championship next year.

Fair enough. I'm with N1, have to admit. Can't remember a single match having that effect for a long time, some function of the build-up, the way the match unfolded, everything really. Just coming round this morning.

I don't agree with this idea, though, that it was somehow easier last time we lost. For me it's the complete opposite.

This time we are not in the Championship on borrowed time (supposedly), we are a force that can take points and be a factor in a great new stadium. This was a great chance to show that, put down a marker with Palace that things had changed - and it was an opportunity that we blew good and proper. For that reason I felt much worse than when we were playing them with all the cards stacked against us.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I felt a lot better, although not entirely recovered, Thursday morning when I looked at all the results. Not one top 5 Championship team got a win and of the English Champions League sides Arsenal, of all teams, were the only one to manage a win. So I have put the whole week down to some sort of unexplainable supernatural probably never to be repeated phenomenon.

Just goes to show what a competitive league we are in and so many more exciting games to watch..theres no easy games this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here