Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday moan up.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My daughter who travels from East Worthing to Durrington most mornings to attend college has to pay 3 pound something for her fare.
So far so good I hear you say - a most reasonable tarrif for a 3-4 mile journey.
Now the problem she has is that because East Worthing has no ticket office and the ticket machine is nearly always out of action she has to pay for her ticket on the train. Now here is the bit that gets me. If she does not have the exact money for her fair and she was to present a crisp ten pound note to the ticket collector he informs her that he can not issue any return change and if she wants change given then she has to leave the train at the next station because she is travelling illegally.
I know we have a few boys on here who work on the railways................ please tell me I`ve got this wrong.

2nd moan................ My young son was told to leave the shop on the way to school the other morning as there were already 2 school children in there and the shopkeeper operates a maximum of only 2 children in at once policy - which I have been told is commonplace nowadays - in his establishment.

Bastard kids.

Solution 1, Season Ticket

Solution 2, Chinese policy , 1 child per family

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Do they still have those little permit to travel machines that shows you at least attempted to pay your way?

I think so Nib, they had one at Berwick station when I went through there a few weeks ago.

But they switch them out when the main machines with destinations are working - I think.

Are you in poetic vein this morning?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Solution 1, Season Ticket

Solution 2, Chinese policy , 1 child per family

Solution 1...................... more expensive
(only marginally cheaper if you do 5 days)

Solution 2...................... I`m not moaning about the cost am I ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
You work for Southern, right?

Apparently, you lot have been told (on some notice board, or via a bulletin or something) that the 0852 from Brighton to Ore (I get on it at 0855 at London Road) is to be classed as a cheapday. That's what one of your colleagues said, and, more to the point, I'm ALWAYS charged £3.90.

Correct Mr Albion ROAR, that is the first train from London Rd not Brighton though you can use a off peak return not the £6ish anytime day return

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What about the 2 kids in the shop policy which is creeping in now......

Would f*** The Early Learning Centre right up wouldn`t it ?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Every time I get on at East Worthing, I always pay on the train. I never knew it was an offence.

I guess he's picking on her because she's an easy target, unlike a tough ( although extremely handsome ) sod like me.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Most people I see getting on at East Worthing seem to do their level best to avoid paying before they get off at either Lancing or West Worthing, depending on the direction of the train. In my experience you, sir, are unique

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Every time I get on at East Worthing, I always pay on the train. I never knew it was an offence.

I guess he's picking on her because she's an easy target, unlike a tough ( although extremely handsome ) sod like me.

I always get you confused with that other 'Peanut Roaster' who used to live opposite me. Now he is one ugly motherfucker.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Questions send your daughter in my direction and I'll teach her the fine art of jibbing.

*warning - this may result in spending time in those big disabled toilets with her.

I`ll have no daughter of mine jibbing in a public toilet thank you.

Whats jibbing ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here