Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday Footy Trivia

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
This has been going round the office a couple of days now, and no one has managed to get it yet.

Which int. player scored ten goals in his native country before
being signed by a top premier club but only netted once after his
arrival. He was then transferred to another European side where he failed to score at all (although he scored for his country during this period) before being Purchased by a different Premiership club where he only managed to find the net once before being offloaded to a third English club where he failed to score at all.
Who is he?

Don't ask me any questions about it, as I don't know !!! We think he may be Scandinavian

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...pretty poor scoring record, but if it is Schmeichel who cares, the man is a legend.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Schmeichel (sp?) is not a bad bet. Although reading it I was thinking of Sergi Rebrov - but it can't be him because Spurs are not, have not been and never will be a TOP premier leaue club...

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So Schmeical scored for Denmark and a Premiership Club?

Be interested to know for whom and against whom in the Premiership and also which game he scored for Denmark.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't he score against Rotor Volgograd in a European game for Man U ? Rescued a point in the last minute or something.

If I'm correct on that, I'll actually be quite worried as that is an OBSCENE piece of information for my brain to recollect.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Didn't he score against Rotor Volgograd in a European game for Man U ? Rescued a point in the last minute or something.

If I'm correct on that, I'll actually be quite worried as that is an OBSCENE piece of information for my brain to recollect.

Is there also a Red Devils shirt in your closet, would explain the REAL reason you weren't there on Tuesday :lol:

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Icy Gull said:
Is there also a Red Devils shirt in your closet, would explain the REAL reason you weren't there on Tuesday :lol:
Go and wash your fingers now for DARING to type such a thing

:censored:

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Check the ads at the bottom - fully endorsed by Easy 10

Man Utd Credit Card
You Get 9 Month 0% Balance Transfer Your Club gets Percentage

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yep - It was Schmeichal. Apparently in Norway he was once a striker before turning to goalkeeping.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Icy Gull said:
Be interested to know...which game he scored for Denmark.
3 June 2000 at København against Belgium in their last warm up match before the Euro Champs. He scored a second half penalty in a 2-2 draw.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Gully said:
...pretty poor scoring record, but if it is Schmeichel who cares, the man is a legend.

Eh? For a Goalkeeper 10 goals is very very good!

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Eh? For a Goalkeeper 10 goals is very very good!

May I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous post.

Next one has come around now:

Name 9 players to have played for at least 5 Premiership Clubs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here