Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Fridat night home drinking thread

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I've done it for three months (three nights excluded) lost two stone and lowered my blood sugar to no more than 6.4 (me testing) which is in normal limits. Added to which HbA1c test from Monday has shown a decrease from 72 (8.7) to 40 (5.8) which is a normal reading for non diabetic.HbA1c is a blood test that is able to look back three months at your average blood sugar.

Next beer for me is my birthday next month.

I do tasting session as part of my job but have only been tasting a straw full, which has been hard. Due to isolating (wife disabled) and the industry we are being sent beer for Skype beer tasting. Things could become difficult.

I didn't even pick up my allowance from HQ of 24 cases of any of our products.

Good luck with it, a little willpower and you'll feel so much better.

Well done with the positive results and thanks for the advice. I am hoping to lose a chunk of weight as my doctor has said that if I lose weight ( and can keep it off) then I may be able to come off the medication. That is good enough for me.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I'm usually teetotal apart from a shandy or 2 but at 10.12 this evening I received a heartwarming text from my employer, Dear Tay, whilst we've valued your service in the short time you've been with us, it is with regret and genuine sorrow that we will be terminating your contract of employment from midnight on Saturday, you will be paid your full contracted hours up to the 10th of April 2020, please do not hesitate to apply for a similar role within the company as and when we hopefully start to recruit again, from all of us at ******** we would once again like to thank you for your time with us, and sincerely wish you well for the future.

Yours Blah Blah

Pass me the bloody white lightning Boys

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I'm usually teetotal apart from a shandy or 2 but at 10.12 this evening I received a heartwarming text from my employer, Dear Tay, whilst we've valued your service in the short time you've been with us, it is with regret and genuine sorrow that we will be terminating your contract of employment from midnight on Saturday, you will be paid your full contracted hours up to the 10th of April 2020, please do not hesitate to apply for a similar role within the company as and when we hopefully start to recruit again, from all of us at ******** we would once again like to thank you for your time with us, and sincerely wish you well for the future.

Yours Blah Blah

Sorry to hear that. What a crappy way to find out. Good luck in finding something for the future.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Yours Blah Blah

Sorry to hear, that’s shit. ☹️

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
My son-in-law at the beer aisle at the supermarket

Attachments

• 90396835_10158445398365139_2464266021842714624_n.jpg
    90396835_10158445398365139_2464266021842714624_n.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 38

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
My friend was due to arrive from the UK this morning, I should be driving home from the airport with her at this precise moment for a few weeks of holidays.............:cry:
I guess I’ll have to drink this lot on my own then:cheers:

87580A22-C243-4E49-938F-52226C5FA9C3.jpeg

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I went to the local for a rew Furpheys to find that the clubs in Perth were closed and the local chav element decided to visit us.
After listening to conversations where every other word was a swear word, I left after one pint before I hit someone.

Last edited:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Day 9 of self isolation/playing nursemaid after the wifes operation
Lager, gin and vodka stocks depleted, looking for a recipe for amaretto, curacao and cherry brandy......:facepalm:

Just found a bottle of malibou in my cocktail box.
Mixed with milk and pomegranate juice, you have a punica colada!!!
The amaretto goes well with cranberry. The curacao can wait for the summer, the cherry brandy stopped the plughole from smelling.
Life is good again, except for the blinding headache I will experience sometime this weekend:lolol::rave:

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Had a few drinks tonight and feeling a wee bit emotonional. Been the week from hell trying to get things in place for not only patients we're treating but work colleagues as well.

Please,please, please take head of government advice and social distance because the next few months are going to to be rough x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here