Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Freshen up the squad in January' , (Argus)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does it need to be killed? One poster on Nsc has alleged a rumour. Since when did you take that sort of posting seriously?

A number of people have mentioned it but Kev the rev has never been able to back up the rumour with any substance and perhaps it is just coincidence that Biuckley hasnt figured recently after appearing to have recovered from his injury. So perhaps you are right just ignore it and what happens , happens.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Perhaps, considering how well we are doing this year, Gus knows what he's doing.

We are one point off the play-offs and performing well above expectations. Sit back, enjoy the ride, and let Gus get on with it.

Seconded. Plus perhaps Buckleys just not fit/sharp enough yet. Why all the scaremongering?

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Perhaps Insider on here or Andy Naylor in The Argus, who both read NSC apparently should come out and say that the rumour going about concerning Buckley wanting to leave is rubbish and should be ignored and kill it once and for all or Kev the rev back up the rumour he started .

see naylors latest tweets - he has said its rubbish

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The 5 subs rule plays a major part in team selection.

I you only have 4 outfield slots available on the bench, what is the point of having two wingers? This lends itself to the idea that one of KLL and Buckley will be left out of the squad on the odd occasion.

Being left out of a squad altogether doesn't have the same stigma attached to it any more.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The whole Buckley thing is nonsense - certainty to be in the 16 on Tuesday I reckon.

Come January we were always going to freshen up and it isn't hard to guess that both full backs, a central midfielder, a striker, and a keeper are on the list plus a centre back if there is a big enough offer for Dunk (although I have my doubts as, mid season, I think clubs wont offer serious money until he has more games under his belt). I just hope that Gus has seen enough of Paynter to know that he is not the answer up front, even on a free transfer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here