Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Freshen up the squad in January' , (Argus)

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
so the weekend after the loan window closes, Gus says he's going to get new players in to freshen the squad up. Whilst accepting we're free to sign players out of contract before then, does anyone agree that this is another line we're being fed ? What has changed between Thursday, when the window closed, and today regarding fitness of players? :facepalm:
And what has happened to the 'fully fit' Buckley ? Is he another one of the now-departed Stephenson's signings ?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Buckley was a bit of mystery, but maybe he lacked the sharpness to get him ahead of KLL.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Think Buckey should be tried behind the front two - if we played with a front two for a change.

With KLL signed, I suppose Gus felt he could not play with 3 wingers. As it was the bench only had front players on it once RV came on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps the player/s that Gus was after pre loan deadline wanted the earth but would now see sense and accept a more realistic wage. I would hate to see Buckley go but surely something must be said either way even if it is Gus saying he wont be considered because he wants to leave or he wants to leave but is undxer contract to us so will play if picked whatever. What I dont understand is if they have fallen out and a departure is on the cards why did Gus play him against Crawley Reserves why not just ignore him and play somebody who wants to be involved with us. All rather strange.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Perhaps the player/s that Gus was after pre loan deadline wanted the earth but would now see sense and accept a more realistic wage. I would hate to see Buckley go but surely something must be said either way even if it is Gus saying he wont be considered because he wants to leave or he wants to leave but is undxer contract to us so will play if picked whatever. What I dont understand is if they have fallen out and a departure is on the cards why did Gus play him against Crawley Reserves why not just ignore him and play somebody who wants to be involved with us. All rather strange.

Buckley looked right up for it in that last interview he did ... didn't look like a fella wanting out, on the contrary, he looked desperate to get involved

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Perhaps, considering how well we are doing this year, Gus knows what he's doing.

We are one point off the play-offs and performing well above expectations. Sit back, enjoy the ride, and let Gus get on with it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Buckley looked right up for it in that last interview he did ... didn't look like a fella wanting out, on the contrary, he looked desperate to get involved

I agree, it was a good interview. Maybe the doctors and physio are reluctant to push him at the moment until they are sure his growth spurt has settled down.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think it is a line, there was no 'hope to sign'. It was 'will be signing'. I fully expect 2/3 signings in January, in areas where some League One quality has been exposed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Perhaps Insider on here or Andy Naylor in The Argus, who both read NSC apparently should come out and say that the rumour going about concerning Buckley wanting to leave is rubbish and should be ignored and kill it once and for all or Kev the rev back up the rumour he started .

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Perhaps Insider on here or Andy Naylor in The Argus, who both read NSC apparently should come out and say that the rumour going about concerning Buckley wanting to leave is rubbish and should be ignored and kill it once and for all or Kev the rev back up his rumours .

If they had to quash every rumour they would not get any work done.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
so the weekend after the loan window closes, Gus says he's going to get new players in to freshen the squad up. Whilst accepting we're free to sign players out of contract before then, does anyone agree that this is another line we're being fed ? What has changed between Thursday, when the window closed, and today regarding fitness of players? :facepalm:

Very possibly nothing has changed.

Gus couldn't sign permanent players last week (out of contracts aside), when in January he can. Additionally there will be more loan player availability in January due to the general shake-up that the moving of players on permanent transfers creates.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Very possibly nothing has changed.

Gus couldn't sign permanent players last week (out of contracts aside), when in January he can. Additionally there will be more loan player availability in January due to the general shake-up that the moving of players on permanent transfers creates.

And we will have money from anyone we sell *cough* Dunk *cough*

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Perhaps Insider on here or Andy Naylor in The Argus, who both read NSC apparently should come out and say that the rumour going about concerning Buckley wanting to leave is rubbish and should be ignored and kill it once and for all or Kev the rev back up the rumour he started .

Does it need to be killed? One poster on Nsc has alleged a rumour. Since when did you take that sort of posting seriously?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Does it need to be killed? One poster on Nsc has alleged a rumour. Since when did you take that sort of posting seriously?

Agree .. last thing we need is anyone connected coming on here denying it ... that'll just intensify the speculation like the vote of confidence from the Chaiman!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
And what has happened to the 'fully fit' Buckley ? Is he another one of the now-departed Stephenson's signings ?

With the club 1 point out of the playoff spots why do you feel the need to come on here asking negative questions? We all know that Gus is not a big fan of loans so it shouldn't come as a big surprise that nobody arrived as the window was closing. For fucks sake, some of you people need a reality check. Two years ago we were relegation fodder at Withdean. We've won a league title since then and despite some long term injuries are still only 1 point out of the playoff spots. If that's what we get when we are being 'fed another line' then let's be fed more lines.

'Fully fit Buckley' is lacking MATCH fitness-there is a difference between the two. Expect to see him playing more over the coming weeks or does that scenario not fit in with your negativity?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps, considering how well we are doing this year, Gus knows what he's doing.

We are one point off the play-offs and performing well above expectations. Sit back, enjoy the ride, and let Gus get on with it.

Correct.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
And we will have money from anyone we sell *cough* Dunk *cough*

I can guarantee Dunk is going nowhere soon. Trust

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here