Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fresh delays at falmer?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why do so many people like to gloat and almost celebrate any setback to this project?

because they are still pissed off over the treatment of the last manager and now dont believe a word they say?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not gloating or celebrating I'm just not convinced that all is as rosy and hunky dory as the club would like us to believe.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not gloating or celebrating I'm just not convinced that all is as rosy and hunky dory as the club would like us to believe.

well put sir - just a shame that makes you a MOANER and not a TRUE supporter :jester:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
They were never going to turn round and say 'oh look,everythings going so well we are going to start the ground a month early'.......were they?

Just hope its not a wet winter.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
What a load of shit. Delays, there'll be more to come.

Slowly coming round to the fact that the board are muppets.

Oh for f*** sakes Mark Potter, stop moaning. It is only a month delay. It was definitely going to come anyway. Hopefully there won't be anymore cock-ups after this.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Anyone who expects this to be built by 2010 is MENTAL. I suspect there are many delays to come, if you prepare yourself for it then you won't be surprised by it, and there will be no need to moan when it happens, because you expected it to happen.

Why do so many people like to gloat and almost celebrate any setback to this project?

Quite. The one thing that is certain is that Falmer WILL be built. Whether it goes entirely according to schedule is another matter. FFS you only have to watch one episode of Grand Designs to see that even small building projects can run over time and budget for whatever reason. After the Hove meeting I was sceptical about the November start date simply because of the sheer VOLUME of shit that had to be sorted out first. If they can start in December then that actually would be result in my opinion. What is clear from this thread is that some posters would love the board to FAIL to deliver a stadium to prove some petty point. Unfuckingbelievable!

The first sign of a deviation from the script and it's a big "I told you so" from the usual suspects. Well I hope they can enjoy chowing down on some humble pie in August 2010 or even early 2011 at our wonderful new stadium at Falmer. It will be built, look forward to it, be patient, don't be negative.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I know for a FACT that Mr Knight told other chairman at the league chairman conference that he was HOPEFUL that we might have people on site by the new year.

So even when the club have the opportunity to let the fans down they still continue to LIE by suggesting a date that even the CHAIRMAN knows we can't keep.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Well, if the last manager hadn't behaved the way he did, he wouldn't be out.

no i think "the behaviour" as you put it was more of a dean wasn't allowed to manage the team as he wanted to and didn't do as dick said so he was out - all dick knight wants is a yes man - thats what he has in micky - and before anyone has another pop at me i have nothing against micky adams just the handling of the whole situation

Seagull Stew

Does anyone know if the club would wait until the next season if Falmer is not ready when the season starts or if they would continue playing at Withdean throughout the season 2010/2011 until Falmer is ready?

If it's the latter then one month's delay would not be too frustrating in the grand scheme of things!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
no i think "the behaviour" as you put it was more of a dean wasn't allowed to manage the team as he wanted to and didn't do as dick said so he was out - all dick knight wants is a yes man - thats what he has in micky - and before anyone has another pop at me i have nothing against micky adams just the handling of the whole situation

One thing MA isn't and that's a 'yes' man .... you clown

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Does anyone know if the club would wait until the next season if Falmer is not ready when the season starts or if they would continue playing at Withdean throughout the season 2010/2011 until Falmer is ready?

I would expect if it's not ready by the start of the season then they would move in as soon as possible even if it is part way through the season. No point having a finished stadium and not using it.

Another possibility is that would it be possible if safety certs etc were in place to play the first game before the stadium is finished if need be like MK Dons. If they really want to be in for the start of the season it may mean openning with only three sides finished orsomething like that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here